Any Flashaholics in RI, s.e. MA or e. CT?

Banshee

Enlightened
I'll keep an eye out on the board for something for the IS section !!

Whereabouts are you working? I'm down by the Theater District...

Zymurgy

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys, saw your post! I'm also in RI - Narragansett to be exact. I'm a newbie at all of this. Got dazzled by the technology of LED lights. I'm not a hobbyist, just have a fetish for the lights. I guess that you can say that "I Saw The Light". I own a number of ElektroLumens products (just incredible!!!) and recently ordered a Super LGI from Mr.Bulk, can't wait till he gets back from the SHOT Show so he can assemble and ship the light to me. This is all so very fascinating!

Banshee

Enlightened
Welcome zymurgy....the more the merrier..

I think we are outnumbered by our brethren on the West Coast, so us Yanks need to stick together. Kaseri..maybe a luncheon @ Clark's-south Station someday ??

kaseri

Enlightened
Welcome aboard zymurgy!

Clark's is a nice place for sure. If I can get away from the office for a while I'll have to bring along some of my McLux's for a little "show and tell" I have a nice custom McLux that you would probably like to see. It's a PR direct drive head running an X3T bin 5w Luxeon hosted on a custom made 3xCR2 McLux battery pack. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Banshee

Enlightened
Careful..you might not make it back to the office if you bring that along... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Whenever you find a free lunchhour..drop me a PM or email the day before..I've got a very free schedule..plus I could bring along some of my meager collection for discussion\

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Zym,

I'm in West Bay. I'd love to check out some of your Elektrolumens stuff some time. I've got an SF L4 and various modded Mags that I think are interesting. I'm looking forward to EL's 3x3W 4C torch.

Wilkey

Zymurgy

Newly Enlightened
I have a Blaster III, FT-3C and the 1 Watt Anglelux. The reason I got interested in LED lights was the "never need another bulb - Batteries last practically forever - only need one flashlight if it's an LED". Ha!!!!! It has turned into a sickness which I am in the terminal stages of!!! I have ordered an XM2 and I am awaiting delivery of a Super LGI from Mr. Bulk. I am very, very sick! I need help! Do you think that therapy will help? It will certainly be cheaper than my flashlight "jones".
Observations: FT-3C VERY BRIGHT! Blaster III hangs in very well against it however! I just love my Anglelux (1 Watter). It has a more than adequate spot and brightness. My EDC however is an Eternalight Super Marine! It just continues to be so useful. I an sick and really, really need all the help that I can get!

I would love to be able to mod a MAG 3D with an LED. Please tell me how.

Rail

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

Just saw the thread. I'm actually from northern Mass, Lowell/Worcester depending on the week, but as Banshee mentioned... us yanks need to stick together /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Unfortunately my flashlight collection is fairly modest, and I don't have experience with either of the lights you're interested in.

It's nice to know there's a Flashaholic's Anonymous support group out here on the East Coast!

Banshee

Enlightened
well..maybe with a few more folks intereted..we could do a get together at a mutually convenient spot someday soon....

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
A mutual get together would be fun. My car club used to have monthly dinners/pub dates from Providence to Worcester. We could bring stash and have some fun.

Wilkey

Banshee

Enlightened
*cough* Foxy Lady *cough* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

We could give new meanings to the term "beamshots" !! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Uh...yeah. Can you imagine what would happen if one of us lighted up a dancer with something like an M6 to get a better look? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wilkey

Banshee

Enlightened
So far we have:

Banshee-Bridgewater, MA
Kaseri-Boston, MA
Ginseng-Coventry,RI
Zymurgy-'gansett, RI
Rail-North o' Boston
Unclearty-between Providence and Worcester
Gyverpete-Warwick, RI
CNC Dan-North o' Boston?

Not Rothrandir feh..Iowa!!)

Who's up for starting CPF-NE?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

kaseri

Enlightened
Lets try to have a meeting. I can bring my shiny new McGizmo modded X-200 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like fun. I'll bring the Aurora. I would rather the first get together happen in Providence or related area simply because I dread driving in Boston. The last time I was there, I got terribly lost and just about flipped my lid.

Wilkey

Banshee

Enlightened
Obviously this meeting should be at night..(What CPF Meeting shouldn't be?) Anyone have any ideas for a geographically neutral spot somewheres around SE Masschusetts?