Any Police Dept's using Malkoff drop ins as standard issue?

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Until very recently, Mr. Malkoff made his products by hand - as far as I know, he has begun mass-producing his drop-ins, but it still is a far cry from a Ford assembly line.

The other problem, as others have hinted, is the procurement procedures and departmental attitudes towards equipment.

-Trevor

rockz4532

Enlightened
Do you own a Malkoff? I think it will hold up better than any incandescent.

I trust my life to several Malkoff M60s. One in my Surefire M2, attached to my main SWAT vest, one in my rifle mounted light, and one in my Surefire G2L in my bailout bag. These drop-ins are the best made that I have seen. I have probably shot close to 2,500 rounds through my M4 with my M60 attached and not a single problem! My Surefire M2 has been dropped , banged, and knocked against more things than I can remember! So to say these drop-ins wouldn't hold up to "Police demands" is UNTRUE! I have since turned several guys on my team and on my department on to Gene's M60's. Hands down...these drop-ins are good to go! I wouldn't use anything else!!! Keep it up Gene!
should have made it clearer, i ment malkoff, a relatively small company, will not beable to provide the amount of drop-ins to police departments of medium/large size. I am entirely confident malkoffs are the most rugged dropins on the market.

Bloodnut

Newly Enlightened
I converted my entire agency over to M60 drop-ins about a year ago. This is a probation office so our requirements are not typically "tactical", but the lights see heavy daily/nightly use. Nothing but positive feedback thus far.

Most who post or lurk here would be appalled at how little a majority of LEO's are concerned about having a decent light (or a clean weapon for that matter). (Cost is a factor too - the only thing cheaper than a cop is two cops.) But for those of us who know the difference, the Malkoff simply has no equal at this time and is well worth the money. Sometime in the coming months, I will purchase a triple with personal funds for duty use. I'm just waiting for things to mature a bit and to saving my pennies.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
*snort* Try talking to a Soldier sometime.

And even then, our equipment doesn't see use on the daily - well, not counting deployments.

-Trevor