Any rumors as to when we will see a fenix mc-e or p7 light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1996alnl

Enlightened
Yes and no. They are not magically brighter, they have the same efficiency as what we have today. That extra brightness means more power required.

Of course there's no magic.
More output means more power.,when needed.

It's like having a sports car that gets you exellent gas milage when you don't stomp on it.
Then when you want crazy excelleration at the expence of (course) fuel consumption all you have to do is put your right foot down.What's not to like?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Being a bit impatient aren't we? :) MC-E's just came out and we only recently got our hands on MC-E drop-ins for the Dereelights. Fenix may have been quick to come out with Q2 bin lights, then Q5 bin lights, etc, but they were using the same LED. No re-engineering was needed, just get the better bin Cree and put it in the same as the older bin Cree.

The MC-E is a whole knew ball game and will require a new reflector design, a new circuit to drive it, etc. Why anyone thinks Fenix would already have been able to put all this together and have it to market seems silly. Who knows if they are even planning on making a MC-E light, but if they are I wouldn't expect it out just yet.

If they do release one I'd expect it to be 2xCR123 / 2xR123, but if they drive it hard, run times would be fairly short. Maybe they would go with a 3 cell light?

Marduke

Flashaholic
Just to stir the rumor pot....

Perhaps they are putting together a MC-E/XR-E combo headlamp for both massive throw and flood :faint:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
You got me all excited there :(. Knew it was too good to be true!

Sorry; Don't be too sad, if it were true you'd still be waiting quite a while. Fenix might have missed a couple market opportunities lately with all the new competition, but the T series have been quite popular, and they don't have any warm tint lights yet, and they can work fast when they need to, and they do know the market, and... they may be reading this right now :sssh:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Hey guys ...

SHOT20090005.JPG

Linky with text:

http://www.woodsmonkey.com/index.ph...2009-day-1&catid=80:2009-shot-show&Itemid=104

bernie

Toaster

Enlightened
Whoa TK40! :eek:oo: I like the form factor on that. I hope 8xAAs means it'll take 2xD cells as well. :popcorn:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably not, I bet the 8AA are arranged in two pairs of 4 in serial, or all in serial to give higher voltage.

davidt

Enlightened
I wonder if the tk40 will be able to change modes like the surefire u2. If the light has a low mode (< 10 lumens), it will get crazy runtimes with 8 AA batteries.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very interesting, I wonder what the beam pattern will be like.

I wonder if the tk40 will be able to change modes like the surefire u2. If the light has a low mode (< 10 lumens), it will get crazy runtimes with 8 AA batteries.

Can't wait for more details!

paulr

Flashaholic
TK40 looks interesting, I'm not that crazy about the Tiablo ACE because of its weird looking battery tube. I like the idea of a powerful AA light too.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Tube might just be big enough for 3x18650 that would be awesome. If it could take 3x18650 or 8AA, that would be killer. Since they are still working on it it will be interesting to see what they com up with.

By the way the new Fenix Pressure Switch is listed on their website. Looks good! The price of the switch is apparantly $20US, I can't believe it... but I believe SureFire is cursing them.

txgp17

Enlightened
There is a rumor that there will be a proto Fenix MC-E at SHOT.

It's a rumor I just pulled out of thin air a few seconds ago!
I looked, and didn't see anything. Maybe I should have looked harder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.