Any Surefire Z-series addicts out there?

Ravus

Newly Enlightened
I have a 9Z that's so old, it still says "Laser Products" on the tailcap.

And it still works.

OKUPANT

Newly Enlightened
OK, here's lame question
How do you, people, remove those rubber grip rings from Z-series lights? :thinking:

Indexmill

Newly Enlightened
What is the "Amazon Marketplace"? I googled it and found what looked like it. Tried a few searches and they all returned nothing found. Seems like it should well have found something for some of the searches I tried.

What is the URL? Thank you. Indexmill.

OKUPANT

Newly Enlightened
Hey if you do not want them I am looking for a set of rubbers :)

Cheers

I don't have the light arrived yet, so I can't tell for sure. I just thought I might want to adjust my grip by removing a ring or two. If I decide to get rid of them I'll let you know

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Added a couple of Z's to my collection, picked them up on eBay.

G2Z which had blown P60 bulb and I wasn't happy with the tail switch. Paid £11 ($18). Fitted a KX4-BKHA head, which matches the Nitrolon body quite well, and a McClicky switch.

Z2 received in its original packaging and appears unused, complete with paperwork and lanyard, paid £29 ($48). It was an incan, I don't know if they were made with the P60L lamp, so I've built my own drop-in for it using a Cree XM-L2 U2 on a Copper PCB, rated at 1040 lumens, with a 3/5 mode driver, so I use it with LMH and hide the SOS and Strobe modes. Fitted it with a 16650 KeepPower 2000mah battery and a McClicky tail switch. If I get bored of that I'll put an Sportac Triple Nichia 219 in it.

So far the Z2 is a keeper, I like the feel and balance etc, it is nicer than the standard 6P, would have been nicer if it was HA3 coated, I may be tempted if Oveready bring out the Z2 HA3 as a host. Not sure about the G2Z, I may put that one back on eBay.

SurefireZs_zps389a7b8d.jpg

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast

G2Z which had blown P60 bulb and I wasn't happy with the tail switch. Paid £11 ($18). Fitted a KX4-BKHA head, which matches the Nitrolon body quite well, and a McClicky switch.

Z2 received in its original packaging and appears unused, complete with paperwork and lanyard, paid £29 ($48). It was an incan, I don't know if they were made with the P60L lamp, so I've built my own drop-in for it using a Cree XM-L2 U2 on a Copper PCB, rated at 1040 lumens, with a 3/5 mode driver, so I use it with LMH and hide the SOS and Strobe modes. Fitted it with a 16650 KeepPower 2000mah battery and a McClicky tail switch. If I get bored of that I'll put an Sportac Triple Nichia 219 in it.

So far the Z2 is a keeper, I like the feel and balance etc, it is nicer than the standard 6P, would have been nicer if it was HA3 coated, I may be tempted if Oveready bring out the Z2 HA3 as a host. Not sure about the G2Z, I may put that one back on eBay.

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd436/2dmodels/SurefireZs_zps389a7b8d.jpg

A great deal on two beautiful lights!

chnzwh

Newly Enlightened

SurefireZs_zps389a7b8d.jpg

Absolutely great deal on both lights! In fact, Oveready had sold HAed & bored Z2s back then. I was hesitating whether to get one but before I could decide, the lights were all gone :sigh:

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Absolutely great deal on both lights! In fact, Oveready had sold HAed & bored Z2s back then. I was hesitating whether to get one but before I could decide, the lights were all gone :sigh:

Working on more. Here's a preview:

z2.jpg