Flashaholic
yup, you get two levels of:

red- low-light navigation
blue- tracking
white- all purpose

perfect hunting light

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you sure about the two levels of red and blue? I thought i read that the "second push" is always high white.

greenLED

Flashaholic
yes, the second push is always high white, but the selector ring allows you to choose between high and low for red and blue (one position for low blue, another for high blue - same for red). The LED's are also on when you get max white, BTW, just like the A2.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
greenLED said:
Not sure. What I can tell you is the body is the same as the U2's, so the heads and tailcaps are interchangeable. The caviat is, because of the design, the Kroma head won't work properly with the U2 body+tailcap (I tried).

Thanks!

Well that means that the Kroma tailcap might work as a two stage switch for the Classic Surefire bodies. For example a L5, L6 or a C3/KL3 etc.

I wonder what this switch would do for or to a U2. :shrug:

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not disappointed in it in any way though I might not ever own one.

It is a tool with a job to do. It was meant for doing specific things. It is not meant to be stylish or be the brightest thing on the block.

It is a very well executed tool. Sometimes I think we expect for everything to be designed for us but that is not realistic. "us" is a highly varied and we all have different needs and uses. What has changed around here is that we now have more and more people that play with lights compared to the people that actually use lights.

It's fine to play with lights but now it seems like the voice of the players is now louder than the users.

IonFire

Enlightened
Cheappo, i found some pictures of PK wearing(Single cell lights) around his neck in the SHOT thread, page 5 bro.

Peace
IF

greenLED

Flashaholic
JonSidneyB said:
It's fine to play with lights but now it seems like the voice of the players is now louder than the users.

Very well said, Jon! It also seems like some of the players like to make a lot of hoopla without understanding what a light was designed for, or even seeing/using one. SF does not make their lights with the CPF wall hunter in mind. I realized during SHOT that all of their lights have very specific niches, which not everyone is aware of (or understands).

greenLED

Flashaholic
It was really hard to assess beam quality on all lights I saw; the convention center was *very* brightly lit.

Latest posts