Anybody own a Jetbeam Jet-III Pro ST

Hawaiian Fire

Newly Enlightened
I have a Fenix P3D and was planning on getting another. I spent some time on CPF and the Fenix website and learned about 18650 batteries (yes, I'm a newbie). I learned that with a small size and weight penalty (compared to 2 rcr123s) I can obtain roughly twice the run time. I spent more time on CPF and read a thread about the Jet-III Pro ST. The form factor is appealing to me.

Any help is appreciated.

So here are some of my questions:

1) Can the Jet-III run on 'max' continuously? My P3D instructions said that extended continuous use on 'max' can damage the LED by overheating. That was a big bummer for me, I guess that I should have read more about it before ordering.

2) The Fenix website states that their TK11 can output 225 lumens for 2.7 hours. The Jetbeam website states that the Jet-III Pro ST can maintain the same output but for only 1.5 hours. Can someone explain such a differential when both use the same LED and battery? Can the additional cooling afforded by the larger TK11 head account for such a difference?

3) Are the setting on the Jet-III Pro ST user adjustable?

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am very interested in the Jet-III Pro ST also. Somebody help us out:candle:

+1..
icon7.gif

NetGod3Com

Newly Enlightened
From what I have read, they are shipping now and few, if any have made it into the eager new owners hands yet. I have seen a few early reviews posted in the forum and am awaiting mine to arrive.:candle:

Citivolus

Enlightened
1) Can the Jet-III run on 'max' continuously?

Yes. It will get hot if left unattended, but if it is in your hand, your body should act as a sufficient heat sink.

2) The Fenix website states that their TK11 can output 225 lumens for 2.7 hours. The Jetbeam website states that the Jet-III Pro ST can maintain the same output but for only 1.5 hours. Can someone explain such a differential when both use the same LED and battery? Can the additional cooling afforded by the larger TK11 head account for such a difference?

I have not personally done run tests on the TK11, but from my understanding, on its highest mode it isn't fully regulating output. See the Lights-reviews run time chart on this page. That has a lot to do with run time. It also isn't a variable output circuit, so it can be optimized for performance at its designed output modes. In other words, yes the TK11 can run for longer on High on an 18650, but it won't be at a consistent brightness level. It isn't 225 lumens throughout the run.

3) Are the setting on the Jet-III Pro ST user adjustable?

Yes, it uses the I.B.S. driver which supports 3 user programmable output modes, each one either a selectable brightness level or one of several strobe types.

I've got about 2 hours run time on my ST so far and it is really growing on me. So far I've shipped out 4 of this model, so hopefully a few people will chip in with their experiences soon.

Regards,
Eric