Anybody own a Lux FB1 Fat Boy?

Lux-RC

Banned
Re: Lux-RC Fatboy FB1 Fatboy...will it EVER happen??

thanks of asking,
I have finished all hardware parts. The electronics is waiting for NEXUS and it should be finished in about 2 months I hope
I update the status here and here.

It's not top priority project so I cannot guarantee the deadline.

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

I update the status here and here.
Thanks Lux. There's a lot of technical stuff on those 2 links. So I suppose the point of my post is that I like it when the technical gurus in this forum go back & forth about a light and we all get to enjoy the education and try to keep up. I've been hoping for awhile that such a technical discussion would break out about this light but oh well...I can't wait to see when you really start digging into the project and getting close Lux!

Lux-RC

Banned

There's a lot of technical stuff on those 2 links.

many thanks to your support and interest!

about the links, I tried to keep it simple. There's a rule of thumb - the greens mean complete tasks. When all tasks get green - the project is finished.

jalal20

Enlightened

According to the latest news from serge. The fb1 will surely be over 2k in price.
I was lookong forward to it but at that price range I don't think I will be able to get it.

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

Looks like there will be a lot of drooling over this light... Got to love the little details like the IPX-8 rated turbine and the ceramic bearing mounted rotor. Definitely a drool-proof & drool-worthy light! :drool:

But with more than half of the production checklist still in the red, we could be seriously dehydrated before the FB1 sees the light of day. :huh:

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

But with more than half of the production checklist still in the red, we could be seriously dehydrated before the FB1 sees the light of day. :huh:

Yeah i noticed that too it seems like it'll take forever.

So guys, let's assume this light came out today and you won a contest for a free FB1 Fatboy or a XeRay XV-LX70 which one would you take (both insane lights that cost over 2K)
http://www.xevision.com/hid_searchlights.html

StarHalo

Flashaholic

Anything with the words "Xeray" or "Barnburner" in it is legendary; if I wanted a ~6000 lumen handheld light, I'd pay Vinh $300 for one.

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Anything with the words "Xeray" or "Barnburner" in it is legendary; if I wanted a ~6000 lumen handheld light, I'd pay Vinh $300 for one.

I don't even dive and i want that Xeray. Hell owning that light would probably cause me to take up diving...so i guess it'd be a good buy it would put a new fun activity into my life

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast

If the FB1 performed as advertised, I'd take it over the XeRay. The XeRay from what I've read is everything it's supposed to be. But the FB1 would be much more useful. Not sure, but I think the XeRay also uses their own battery pack. Not fond of proprietary packs. The FB1 can't match the XeRays range, but I don't think I'd want to use the XeRay to look under my bed for a lost shoe either. :)

jonwkng

Flashlight Enthusiast

In case anyone missed Serge's recent posting on Facebook... FB1 Prototypes are apparently done! I'm definitely sitting in a pool of drool now...

I hope he won't mind me re-posting the photo here (If he has any issues, I'll remove it).

15097784577_cd986fb462_o.jpg

Photo courtesy of Serge Dolgov

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, I deleted FB. Too much drama! lol

LOVE the ideas & tech behind this light. So, it looks like it is very close to completion?? Kinda confusing to me. He says on the production update that he marks green when complete. Seems like alot of ! areas needing completion? Also if he doesn't get this done: User manual (synthetic paper) Its a deal killer for me! LOL I like my Synthetic Paper!

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

In case anyone missed Serge's recent posting on Facebook... FB1 Prototypes are apparently done! I'm definitely sitting in a pool of drool now...

I hope he won't mind me re-posting the photo here (If he has any issues, I'll remove it).

15097784577_cd986fb462_o.jpg

Photo courtesy of Serge Dolgov
Oh WOW!! Please keep us updated!

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast

This IS a neat looking light. I hope it makes it into final production, even if it's limited to 20 units or so. Great concept Lux-RC, good luck~