Anyone got a TIVO or other PVR?

TrevorG

Newly Enlightened
I have a TIVO series 1 and a Replay 5040. I have had zero problems with the TIVO but I can't say the same about my Replay or the Replay that I bought my parents for Xmas. The TIVO is reliable and has better software, the Replay 5000 series (prior to TIVO 2) had better features such as USB, Ethernet, File sharing and progressive output. I will not purchase another Replay. Although the TIVO 2 has all of the connectivity that I was looking for, I will wait for an HDTV capable model before I buy another one.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
TedtheLed said:Where should I buy my Tivo?

[/ QUOTE ]Ted-I strongly recommend eBay.....but only the auctions with the subscription included in the winning price.

-Search ebay under: "tivo lifetime subscription". You will almost always get 6 or 8 possible legitimate deals at any one time. (w/warranty etc) Your real savings (on a new unit) will be about 20-25% better than you can at a place like Best Buy or Good Guys.

I did it that way, and I'm happier than a monkey with a whole sack full 'o doorknobs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif