Anyone Still Using Proton Pro?

cabindriver

Newly Enlightened
I carried the original Proton for some time but kept on finding it turning on in the pouch so I stopped.
I dont knoe if the Pro version is less prone to this.

My EDC now varies between the unit in my avatar and one of the 2 Fenix's that I have.
I like that the Proton can be set to momentary.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Perfectionist, a little less espresso in your lattes! :) Okay, okay, they can make it BRIGHTER! I'm saying that it works great the way it is FOR ME. It's a good light for what it is and for my usage. I live very rural with virtually no ambient light and the PP lights up things nicely.

Ray, I forgot about the bent clip and I too would like to see a spring and I totally agree that the UI should start out in the low mode.

Snow

Enlightened
I just picked up an original Proton to match my Proton Pro and I am really enjoying it so far. The smooth, floody beam is nice for close-up things. I can't decide which I like better. Both of them are great lights.

scott

Enlightened
The thing I like about the UI of the Freedom and Rex is that I can start low and use only as much light as I need. I'm more interested in squeezing as much use out the battery as I can when camping. I can make the Rex and Freedom last a LOOONG time.

If a Cree and a Nichia GS are run at the same brightness level, which will be more efficient?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I just picked up an original Proton to match my Proton Pro and I am really enjoying it so far. The smooth, floody beam is nice for close-up things. I can't decide which I like better. Both of them are great lights.

I like the red on the old Proton better. Not quite as much throw, but the beam is much smoother. Looks cool, too.

Geoff