Anyone try TENAVOLTS Rechargeable 1.5V AA Lithium Batteries?

HKJ

Flashaholic
Energy appears to be pretty good on tenavolts, watt hrs seems to be somewhere between standard and high cap eneloops. In some applications, such as single cell lights, tenavolts sometimes run considerably longer than high cap eneloops, I am guessing because that their higher Voltage results in less losses in the boost circuit?

The best LiIon 1.5V cells are very close to a break even, but they requires a special brand specific charger and that is a big issue.
The higher output voltage has some advantage, especially with a boost converter.

MarioJP

Enlightened
So has the Eneloop finally met its match at last? Is the end is nigh for the Eneloops? [emoji14]

But seriously though, these ten, kent and blackube batteries has the potential to put NiMh in 2nd place in the 1.5v/1.2v category.

Maybe.. with anything involving electronics inside a can, if it fails, then what?

Last edited:

HakanC

Newly Enlightened
So has the Eneloop finally met its match at last? Is the end is nigh for the Eneloops? [emoji14]

But seriously though, these ten, kent and blackube batteries has the potential to put NiMh in 2nd place in the 1.5v/1.2v category.
Not for me.
1.5V AA LiION batteries are a expensive niche product

The competition for Eneloops comes mainly from Ikea Laddas, atleast here in Sweden

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The competition for Eneloops comes mainly from Ikea Laddas, atleast here in Sweden

But are Ladda 2450's competing? Or are they actually relabeled and FDK manufactured Eneloop Pro rejects? (Anyone know where Ladda 2540's are made?)

Edit: Ladda 2450 packages read "Made in Japan." Some insist there is only one factory in Japan, FDK. If so, Ladda 2450, just like Fujitsu 2550, are Eneloop Pro. Not precisely sure of the business ramifications, but clearly, whether they compete or not is at least arguable, because ultimately some of the price of Ladda is paying for it being an Eneloop Pro.

Last edited:

MarioJP

Enlightened
I'll give it a while before most will start to adopt. I am already seeing 2 more brands jumping onboard. Lithium max and ebl. I can see electric toothbrushes can benefit from the constant voltage.

And as for the battery meter issue with these batteries. Who needs them. Just know that there are 2 states with these cells, on and then dead. Non of this gradual slowing/dimming crap [emoji14] [emoji14]

Tomaao

Newly Enlightened
I use xtar 1.5v li-ion battery on my wireless mouse. Currently it's good. :cool:

hb88

Newly Enlightened
I posted this in another thread and i'll repost because I think to those who are not aware it is important to understand what you are buying.

Very curious on this as well. The reviews on all the offerings from Amazon seem to be a hit or miss. While even the models which have 5 star reviews have a good number of 1 & 2 star reviews makes you wonder of the quality control of the cells.

Would be really nice if a reputable company like Eneloop/Duracell/Energizer got into this game but is suspect the risk is too high with the Li volatility and not worth the liability headache. Hate going through non rechargeable batteries on the devices which don't run on 1.2v NiMH eneloop and similar due to lower nominal voltage.

Also another factor to keep in mind and somewhat deceptive advertising by some sellers on Amazon and just consumer ignorance is the difference between mAh and mWh. Most consumers overlook or correlate them as the same when they actually are not.

Amp hours (mAh) X voltage = mWh
volts = Amps x Resistance
Watts = Amps x Amps x resistance
m = milli, a prefix to indicate the small amount (without the m (2800mA = 2.8A))

The conversion from Lithium-ion ~3.7 volts to 1.5 volts: 750mAh X 3.7v=2775mWh (round up to 2800mWh, advertised by some Amazon sellers), but power is 1.5v X amps through down converter. So 2800mWh/750mAh=~3.7v

This is a prime example of consumers thinking they are getting a 2800mAh battery when it is in fact a 2800mWh battery and the true capacity is 750mAh at the nominal 3.7 voltage of the battery. There is expected loss at the down converter but for the sake of math lets look at this conversion: 2800mWh/1.5v = 1867mAh @ 1.5v when comparing to a Eneloop NiMH for example rated at 2550mAh @ 1.2v

Back to the OP, hoping to see more data on this as these kind of batteries become more mainstream and hopefully reliable. Will follow this thread for sure.