Status
Not open for further replies.

DrAg0n

Banned
[ QUOTE ]
Unforgiven said:
DrAgOn.....Try this......... 2003 Product Schedule

[/ QUOTE ]

But it does not compare them....it ddoes not state the color...even the web site dont show the LE anymore...and is there a change in the standard one?....no description of a change thou.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
DrAgOn..
The old Standard was black HA 3 with either an S flux B1 tint or an S flux B2 tint rank L.E.D. depending on availability.........
Then old LE was Natural color HA 3 with an S flux B1 tint and only an SB1.............
The new Standard is natural color HA 3 and may come with R-S flux and B2-B3 tint.......
The new Premium is natural color HA 3 and comes with S Flux and B2 or B1 tint depending on availability....
The Flux is the brightness of the L.E.D. S flux is generally brighter than R flux... and the tint is..... well the tint of the L.E.D. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif ................
As of now all AAA's use Nichia L.E.D.'s

The new Premium standards are basically the same as the old Standard edition standards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

pyramus

Newly Enlightened
I've got three Arc AAA Le's on order and am anxious to compare them to my 7 standards. I Will let ya'all know the results.
Thanks,
Mike

jimbob

Newly Enlightened
I ordered a AAA Standard recently. While I'm very happy with the fit, finish, size, weight and just about everything else, the tint and brightness on mine leaves quite a bit to be desired. My photon white is brighter even with slightly older batteries and the tint much more natural.

The AAA is still an amazing light, but since most of the hotspot is quite blue/violet, things that it lights up seem quite diffused. Only the spill seems acceptably white. Fit and finish apart, I can't say I'm extremely happy with the brightness and tint of my light. I've seen better tint on some very cheap photon knockoffs I've bought in Hong Kong. Is this typical?

DrAg0n

Banned
Then how do we distinguish the premiums from the standards?....the printing around the bulb area?

and there doesnt seem to be a difference between the LE and the premium.....only the tint???? how come a limited ed...being limited is still in production???....

dam....its confusing....

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Arc-AAAs are labled near the base of the flashlight (near the lug) if they are a "Premium" or a "Limited Edition". The LE and Premium are identical in features. The difference is in the description. The LE is being replaced by the Premium. We have stopped making the LE, but there is still some stock out there.

The Premium uses a warmer tint than the Standard. Both are the same in brightness (on average) and run time.

Peter

itsme1234

Newly Enlightened
Seinfeld (quoted from memory): "Limited Edition ? Only 10 bilion pieces ? As many as the market can bear ?..."

Strange, it's not as funny as I rember it to be...anyone seen this Seinfeld lately ?

[ QUOTE ]
DrAg0n said:

how come a limited ed...being limited is still in production???....

dam....its confusing....

[/ QUOTE ]

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Just got (well, last Thursday) my new LE from Dan at TW. It is slightly brighter than my Ultra-G, and has a slight blueish tint to it where the Ultra-G has a slightly purple tint to it. Nice little light, it's new home is connected to my grey Squirt P4 in my right pocket. The only brighter single LED light I have is of my own creation. This is a Mag Solitare mod:
Uses a Nichia B1S rank LED
Modified mag reflector
12v 21/23 type battery (internal resistance keeps the battery from frying the LED) that holds about 9v in every day use
3/16" dia. steel spacer

This mod is the only thing I have that is brighter than the LE. Because of the LED being perfectly set in the solitare's reflector, the beam has no artifacts, is very smooth, and provides a very white light with only a very slight blue tint. I can't expect the LE to hold it's own against a 12v (more like 9v in use) mod though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif But the LE is regulated, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif and my mod is direct drive...
Sorry, I didn't mean to stray off topic...

All in all, <font color="red">I LOVE THE Arc AAA LE!!!!</font>

Status
Not open for further replies.