Are my customers happy or unhappy with my LED mods?

sflate

Enlightened
I have 3 of your 1.7/3.5W drivers. I have played with just about every driver and sandwich out there and my MM Fenix L2P is by far the brightest 2AA light I have seen. For pure power nothing beats it in 2AA form factor. I have one piggybacked to a FluPIG that is my new EDC. It's not perfect yet (flickers on lowest setting) but once I work things out it will be my perfect EDC 2AA light.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
Eric,

Thanks for changing out the stock emitters and putting in the SXOH's!!!

Left, Fenix L1P Middle, Fenix L2P Right, Fenix L1P

dsc02706small3os.jpg

moses

Enlightened
My opinion: MillerMods really is worth 'hyping' because no one else is making as effective a single AA or AAA converter that is as efficient, as powerful, or as versatile with 3 stage. No one.

Blessings,
Mo

ibcj

Enlightened
I purchase three of your Arc AAA 1 watt mods, and you were kind enough to use my SXOH Lux I's. Your work was superb and it was great that you are open to user supplied leds. If anyone wants to get some serious light out of an Arc AAA form factor, I highly suggest a MM mod. The two stage is set at a perfect balance of long runtime vs. serious output. :goodjob:

I really like what you are doing with your Mag mods, but the thing holding me back is the host. Mags are great for modding because they are a decent size and relatively cheap, but they just don't have that appeal to my eye. When it comes to my preferences, I guess what it looks like is just as important as what's on the inside. You definitely have the insides figured out, I just need to find the right host for your work.

Keep up the good work MM !

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
My dad got hold of my Millermod modded 2 stage Arc AAA luxeon head, while I m overseas. He aint gonna give it back to me.

I m sending in one more Arc for modding :twothumbs:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would point out that never having owned one of your mods, I would buy one in a heartbeat most likely because I have never heard a NEGATIVE thing about your work or the quality of the finished product. My first boss told me that a happy customer may tell one or two people about his satisfaction, but a dissatisifed customer will tell any and everybody who will listen, and in a forum like this, that would be easy.

I find that excellant work is often spoken of less than shoddy. Since it has been quiet, I think that shows a lot of satisfied customers.

Nell

Enlightened
I must be reading too many of MillerMods threads, but nothing but praise for the high quality, nicely conceived ideas to make a product better and better. To make a product that has gone through R&D by a team of engineers and to refine it even further is never easy. To do so without altering the physical appearance too much makes for the nicest sleepers for those that cares.
My ARC AAA 1W two stages is simply wonderful. Looks stock unless you have a good eye. Suddently you see the polished parabolic business end. First level, people would say "that's nice", turn on the second level and mouths will drop at the output. A AAA cell light that fits into your pocket and burns up the road. Literally.

Roger11

Newly Enlightened
Since you asked, I guess I am somewhat disappointed with my 1.5w Arc mod. After a brief time it started blinking. I sent it back and you fixed that but now it comes on before the rubber o-ring is fully seated in the unit. It seems like it should go in further. In the off position the o-rong is partially exposed. It is bright on high. It comes on in a dim way then goes into the lower mode then high. It's a little stiff but not too bad. I happy with its brightness. In a way feel like I am nit picking but it does not feel like the equal in quality of say the Nano or Orb. Can I trim down the sponge thing behind the head? I was hoping it would wear in but I don't think so.

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
Roger11, you have the first version of my circuit, and on some Arc body/head combinations the head won't tighten down as far as it should with the Rev A version driver. If you are willing to send it back to me I'll drop in the Rev. B version which takes care of that issue because the 2 stage switch has a lower profile. I don't want you to have something you aren't happy with and I understand completely why you feel the way you do, that's why I had to revise the design. Also the foam pad that I used turns out not to have been the best choice but only because it compresses and doesn't fully decompress after a short time when the head is loosened to the off position. This means it doesn't hold the battery firm in the tube which can lead to flaky contact going into low. If you send it to me I will also resolve that issue.

lightningbug

Newly Enlightened
Well, no one has mentioned the Arc AAA clone with the 3/4w mod. Wow! I got one from Eric several weeks ago, use it for several minutes each day, and I'm still on the same 900mah Sanyo Nimh Battery!

The beam is one of a kind! This thing has a great tint, very good brightness and a killer spill beam! This is one of the most useful lights I've ever owned. The tiny form factor, brightness and great beam, along with very good runtime make this a must have for any flashaholic. The nearest competitor is the Pocket Illuminator from Lambda.

Eric also responds to each and every stupid inquiry quickly. MillerMods is a model CPFer.

nemul

Flashlight Enthusiast
never had any dealing with "MM" but he seems to be a super cool guy....

Roger11

Newly Enlightened
MillerMods said:
Roger11, you have the first version of my circuit, and on some Arc body/head combinations the head won't tighten down as far as it should with the Rev A version driver. If you are willing to send it back to me I'll drop in the Rev. B version which takes care of that issue because the 2 stage switch has a lower profile. I don't want you to have something you aren't happy with and I understand completely why you feel the way you do, that's why I had to revise the design. Also the foam pad that I used turns out not to have been the best choice but only because it compresses and doesn't fully decompress after a short time when the head is loosened to the off position. This means it doesn't hold the battery firm in the tube which can lead to flaky contact going into low. If you send it to me I will also resolve that issue.

Ok thanks, I will send it back to you Monday.

Mr_Light

Enlightened
I have used my MM 3 level Fenix L0P several times a day for months now and consider it to be the closest to perfect EDC light that I have ever seen! When people see this thing on high at night they are amazed, (and so am I!). The workmanship looks perfect to me? Since I use this all the time it's worth the price to me.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
never had a chance to buy anything from him(coz when i read the thread, the things are all gone) but his mods are way too good...

steelhelix

Newly Enlightened
From everything I've seen, these mods are fantastic... I've yet to use one myself though. I'm looking to buy one, but I had a few questions before I do.

First off, it's my understanding that the stock L1P and L2P heads are the same, so the only difference between the stock lights is if they're running off one AA or two. However, fenix-store came out with that CR123A replacement body, and that's basically what I prefer to use because I have so many other CR123A lights about.

I'm curious if anyone's got runtime graphs or reviews of what the 1.7w and 3w heads can do with the CR123A driving them? Can the CR123A power the conversions at the full modded output?

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I my opinion, The Quality, build, performance have been the best I have
seen in a long time and not forgetting that you get real value for money,
I am very happy with my MillerMods light, I would highly recommend anytime

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
Well, I liked my 1.7W L1P with two stage twisty so much I went back for more. I had MM perform the same mod on a L1P that had a swapped amber/red LED. Both modded lights are alive and well and used daily.

Can't get much better than that.

Cliff