Are my customers happy or unhappy with my LED mods?

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
TORCH_BOY said:
I my opinion, The Quality, build, performance have been the best I have
seen in a long time and not forgetting that you get real value for money,
I am very happy with my MillerMods light, I would highly recommend anytime

Glad to hear you are happy. :)

Tremendo

Enlightened
I think I got the 1st 2 MillerMods L1P's 1.7w. Great lights, no problems. Much brighter than the standard L1P and the battery draw is very efficient. The FF3 has taken over my EDC duties, due to the smaller size factor and more versatile. Nothing but good experiences dealing with Eric (MillerMods).

randyo

Enlightened
I have a few. I EDC on my cell phone pouch a 2-stage ARC AAA with the 3/4W X 60ma low. I EDC on my keychain a 2-stage 3/4W x 60ma AAA. I keep in my pocket a AA 2-stage with a 1.5W high and a "special request" 90ma Low setting. I have a 1W 2-stage that was sent back for a "mod" to the 2-stage switch contact to correct a problem. I love these lights.
They are all excellent lights and I wouldn't give up any of them, but the AA is my favorite. I know that Eric had to put in some extra effort performing the parabolic grind on the AA model, and that was highly appreciated. More than likely he ate some cost on the time involved on that one, since it was the first of its kind and required finding the right tool matchup. I mentioned in a post and in a message to Eric that the AA light worked with Alkaline & Lithium batteries, but had some difficulty with many NIMH batteries due to the layout of the 10mm circuitry vs the larger size of the AA battery buttons and lo and behold he's come up with a new circuit board which puts all of the components on the other side of the circuit board. I am eagerly awaiting the return of my second AA light Mod with this new improvement, and also a 2-stage red luxeon AAA.
I have also been accumulating more ARC AA & AAA heads and bodies for future mods. No doubt that Millermods will see some future business from me.

Erasmus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 MillerMods circuits in my Fenix lights and I'm very happy about it :) Very efficient, long runtimes, constant brightness, reasonable price, overall great performance!

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I often look at your mods! I dont own one ,yet.I would like to se a reasonable L1

whiter emitter ,brighter with flupic or 3 stage twist!I have always read good feedback on your mods.

shadowman

Newly Enlightened
I have one of your 3 stage lops that I bought from 4-sevens store. It is one of my favorite lights. I find the low setting incredibly useful.

j_conway

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a MillerMods Fenix L2P a few months ago.

My honest feedback is that while it is bright - very very bright - I can't help but feel a little ripped off by what I paid for it. This is because I purchased about a month before Fenix announced the release of the L2T, which makes the mod redundant as far as I can tell, and is about A$40 less.

That's just the unfortunate timing of my purchase, and no reflection on the quality of the mod or service I received. If you come up with a way to power a 5 watt Luxeon LED from the body of a 2AA FenixLight, I'd definitely consider purchasing from you again.

nuggett

Enlightened
received my 2 stage,1.5watt Arc aaa today and went for a night walk. very bright, reliable and useful light. Its what the arc should have been from the start.
Thanks Eric

Tremendo

Enlightened
j_conway said:
I purchased a MillerMods Fenix L2P a few months ago.

My honest feedback is that while it is bright - very very bright - I can't help but feel a little ripped off by what I paid for it. This is because I purchased about a month before Fenix announced the release of the L2T, which makes the mod redundant as far as I can tell, and is about A$40 less.

That's just the unfortunate timing of my purchase, and no reflection on the quality of the mod or service I received. If you come up with a way to power a 5 watt Luxeon LED from the body of a 2AA FenixLight, I'd definitely consider purchasing from you again.

My MillerMod L1P with 1 AA is as bright as my new L2T on high, using the same battery types. The L2P should be brighter with more power going to the LED. Myabe you need to get an L2T side by side to compare....

tmf2

Newly Enlightened
Is the 2-stage switch module for L1P on 4 sevens site a Miller Mod?
Does it make the light a twiety? I prefer a two or three stage
Clickie is this available?

Thanks, Dennis

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
tmf2 said:
Is the 2-stage switch module for L1P on 4 sevens site a Miller Mod?
Does it make the light a twiety? I prefer a two or three stage
Clickie is this available?

Thanks, Dennis

No, that's 4seven's work. I'll be releasing a high power 1.5 watt 3-stage L1P with the separate stock on/off function in tact. The 3-stages are selected by twisting the head and are very reliable and smooth operating.

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I do not have as of yet a Miller Modded light however even so I was very pleased with the communication I received through a few private messages. All very well done and I was not even a buying customer at the time.

Many make a good product here however in the end it is usually customer service and reputation that will either make or break a dealer or modder. I remember when you arrived here and man did you hit the ground running. The time you spent with those circuits was amazing and I for one feel your worst enemy is yourself as you have to keep raising the bar each time you come out with something new...hehe

We tend to become spoiled around here and with each light we always want more. A few years past if someone asked if the amount of light your mods make could be done we would have all laughed...and now it is a reality and most of the time affordable as well. Amazing how far you have raised the bar here.

I am actually attempting to figure out what light I am wanting to purchase from you as I type this. I have several hosts that I could send however tend to get a little confused as to what is currently offered and the details of each one. Maybe it would be a good idea to list all of your services and the specs of each different mod all in one new thread.....and also a section for feedback to keep it within one thread.

You have advanced so quickly that I got a little lost as to what you currently are working on. For what it is worth I am going to purchase one of your products simply for the word of mouth comments I have read thus far and also for the excellent way you responded to my past questions. Keep up the good work as you truly do humble many of us weekend modders.

So having said that is there any way you could list a run down of all your services and products along with pricing. Also what you are willing to do. I have read of various special products you worked on for members on the side who wanted a certain light modded. Maybe a time table of how long to expect any certain mod or service......sorry so long however I have long admired your work and have read so much on several spread out threads that I got frustrated.....regardless I look forward to your future inventions and will most likely end up spending way too much however will do so with a huge smile...hehe

EV_007

Enlightened
My L2P MM is still one of my best lights. It even appears brighter than my U60XRGT and the L2!

The fact that it runs on AAs is even more useful. Great mod job without altering the look of it.

tmf2

Newly Enlightened
MillerMods said:
No, that's 4seven's work. I'll be releasing a high power 1.5 watt 3-stage L1P with the separate stock on/off function in tact. The 3-stages are selected by twisting the head and are very reliable and smooth operating.

Sounds great when??

Thanks, Dennis

ouchmyfinger

Enlightened
I just got my AAA head from Erick in the mail last night.

I got a 2 stage 1W-high model - so far have tested it briefly with partially used alkalines and partially used NiMH's (what I had lying around). Its freakin awesome. The modified reflector makes a nicely focused hotspot with quite useful spill. High is noticably brighter than low. I have no idea of runtimes, or if a Lithium AAA would change brightness, but so far I really like this light - its already on my keychain to take a tour as EDC.

Compared to my stock AAA-P, this thing rocks. My AAA-P head has a -very- blue tint and a displeasing (to me) speckled hotspot. The MM AAA head produces a nice (slightly warm) beam that I turn on just to look at! (hey, I just got it last night).

And the head fits my ARC body perfectly - smooth action, identical to the original.

Thanks Erick!

ddakrt

Newly Enlightened
I have a MM L2P and sometimes run that on the L1P/1AA body. It's very bright, about 3/4 as bright as the ProPoly AA Luxeon to my eyes.

Quality is great, as well as brightness and runtime. The only thing I don't exactly like its the slight green tint it has.

But still a great product and a big :thumbsup: to Eric. Will buy from again in a heartbeat.

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
By the way, regarding your mods....remember, some of us are waiting for your Quad-lux 2D to become available. If your work was not well thought of..... well, there wouldn't be a waiting list. :grin2:

Cliff

marcdilnutt

Enlightened
I have a 3/4 W arc mod that i love, it is my edc for work. Very well made, quick too. I wouldnt hesitate to buy from Eric again, in fact i just saw the red lux 1 beamshot in another thread... Fancy doing another one Eric?
marc