Are my customers happy or unhappy with my LED mods?

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
marcdilnutt said:
I have a 3/4 W arc mod that i love, it is my edc for work. Very well made, quick too. I wouldnt hesitate to buy from Eric again, in fact i just saw the red lux 1 beamshot in another thread... Fancy doing another one Eric?
marc

I thought I had the red Lux Arc down pat, but it turns out to have an issue with the low level setting. It's because of the lower Vf of the red Lux and the driver acting differently because of it. I'm working on a solution but I won't get to it until Friday.

lebox97

Enlightened
I got a couple of the AAA clones modded by MM a few months ago - awesome work - and has been my EDC ever since...
:goodjob:

I still ponder the best MM 2-stage 1xAA solution...

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
Polar_Hops said:
very happy with the l1p/l2p head mod, but the l0p mod is flickering.

It is one of 2 things causing that. It can be the rim of the body needs clean or it could be the spring not making good contact to the bottom of the battery tube. If you don't mind, please send it to me and I'll fix it.

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
I think it is the spring. For things like that, i would like to be able to do it myself in the future. could you e-mail or pm me with information about how you would make sure the spring is working properly??

I was in a bit of a hurry. I never really got to say how great the lights were; they just put out so much light, and the runtime is still decent for my uses.

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
Polar_Hops said:
I think it is the spring. For things like that, i would like to be able to do it myself in the future. could you e-mail or pm me with information about how you would make sure the spring is working properly??

I was in a bit of a hurry. I never really got to say how great the lights were; they just put out so much light, and the runtime is still decent for my uses.

Why do you think it's the spring?

Polar_Hops

Enlightened
Really shoudlnt have posted in this thread, because the problem started before i sent it to you.

When i first got the light, I had an alkaline cell leak and cause a high pressure build up.

I was pretty sure it was sodium hydroxide, which is soluble in water. i cleaned the light out by filling it about 1/3 with water, shaking and repeating. I removed the spring, put it back in after cleaning it, and it was working fine.

After a short while of the light functioning properly, it started acting funny.

I have tried the previous cleaning procedure again, but no luck this time.

I was trying to get 47s to help me out, but insisted that i should have talked to you about it, since you were the one who modded it. I understand where he is coming from- if he wants to help someone with their light, he probably has to send it back to fenix, where they would determine the light has been modified, and thus carries a void warrant.

the above paragraph is halfway assumption and speculation, really. I have no way to tell what goes on "behind the scenes"

I somewhat regret not contacting you in a private manner, but the thread cought my eye. Any help would be appreciated, and would like to see the issue resolved somehow.

Im not upset or angry at either David or Eric, and dont want my little minor issue to cpfers from dealing with either of them- it is mostly my fault for poor communication skills. hope i didnt upset anyone or go off topic that much.

I still love all of my MM lights.

Sorry for any spelling errors(im on a pda), possibly wandering off topic, discussing what should have stayed private in public, maybe making people think mm lights dont kick butt, and lastly, for probably being moronically apologetic.

sorry.

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
Polar Hops, no problem, I'm sending you a PM to see if we can get your 3-stage L0P back up and working correctly.