Are you loyal to just one brand of torch?

cchurchi

Enlightened
I'm pretty addicted to Wolf Eyes. My Boxer, M300, Q5 Storm, and Defender all use the same 18650 batteries.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm partial to Arcs and Surefires but will buy anything if the price is right.

I'm such a whore...

The Porcupine

Enlightened
Nope. I may lean towards SureFire, but have lights from HDS, Novatac, ARC, Mag, Pelican and Black Diamond too.

Terry M

Newly Enlightened
Good info. Guess that answers my question. Some folks are so brand loyal in the world that they won't even look at another ..... like a Ford man not even considering a Chevy....

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
No....not at all. i look for lights that have few or no issues....that's why i wait about 6 months after a light comes out to see what user experience is like.

i have very few things that i am loyal to:

hellmans mayo.....cheeto's.......arid xx deodorant. :)

that's it.

Bill

Be careful using just one brand of deodorant. You can become sensitized to it and it will start to burn your underarms.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would hope that not a single person on this forum would own and favor just one brand, what fun would that be ;).
I agree.

Each manufacturer has their own particular strengths and weaknesses, some with more of one or the other. Every once in a while one manufacturer makes a light that hits a popular sweet spot and it's a big hit. But that doesn't mean all of their other lights are just as good.

There are so many applications and requirements (size, sturdiness, weight, longevity, brightness) and I've not heard of anybody doing all of them very well without costing a fortune.

That said, I lean towards Fenix for a great combination of design, quality, reliability, service, and cost. On the cheap side, Romisen. On the higher priced end, I can't say yet... I don't own anything above $100 yet! "Yet." ;)

I did happen upon one company that makes very rugged lights that look really great and are super bright. But their idea of selling multi-mode functionality is to employ a separate "codex" module, which wasn't well thought out. Oh well. Anyway, here's one of their lights:
http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/assets/pila-g3-commendatore4.jpg
To me, it looks like some kind of component from a starship, like a power conduit. :laughing:

Last edited by a moderator:

SaVaGe

Enlightened
No loyalty here but I do have preferences.
I am loyal to the dealers that I buy from, & all were discovered here.
Hog

+1000:twothumbs i am the same way. I may buy more products from a certain manufacturer but i would like to have a variety of lights. Coming from an Applications Engineers point, No one product excells in all of their Line-up. All manufacturers have their weak points and this is normal. The company i work for is the Number 1 in the world when it comes to our industry type of machine, But some of our competitors have an equal product for less money or SOMETIMES and i mean sometimes better. Good example is one of our customer Have 60 of our machines and at least its around 200k each. But he still has 5 or 6 of our competitor because in some parts, it is 3 seconds faster on the cycletime.

rizky_p

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think it is silly to loyal to just one brand, i prefer to keep an open mind and look what the others has to offer instead of just narowing my selection into single brand. I am sure this is the spirit of being in CPF community. Sometimes a good product could emerge from previously unknown company.

Last edited:

dulridge

Enlightened
Absolutely not! I'll buy what I can afford that does what I want. This is never going to be a surefire as IMO they are way over priced for what they offer. But then I'm not going to be risking my life on them - last time I did that, the only light I had on me was a cigarette lighter.

I will not bear arms (And even if I would, where I live that is just a fast way to prison), so recoil shock is not an issue.

Lights here cost a LOT more than in the US, and, in fact, a lot more than most of the UK, so most of what I'm going to buy is going to be coming from China/Hong Kong/US. Brand loyalty does not exist for me.

I own Fenix, Ultrafire, noname(mostly), Orb, MTE, Golston, Mag, and other lights. Maglights outnumber any other brand but only two of them (both black 3AA LED lights) are how they left the factory. Many of my lights (Apart from the Orb Raws) bear little resemblance to what left the factory so you could say "Own Brand" lights dominate my collection.

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, I used to be loyal to M@G and Surefire, now there are better and cheaper lights which are comparable

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not loyal to just one brand, but I do have favorites. I am loyal, however, to brands that are made or are at least assembled in the U.S.

Well-Lit

Newly Enlightened
Not really brand loyalty, but I tend to gravitate towards lights which suit my specific needs and mode of operation. Since I hold a clipboard in hand daily, I need one hand operation, such as my Surefires, HDS, Novatacs, etc. Twisting the head/bezel/knob is not really an option for me.

I guess " ease of operation " sums it up best. I know that that leaves out a lot of good lights I could be enjoying, but thats my personal choice.

Best Regards:
Bob

Numbers

Enlightened
Since I only buy a few lights per year I stick to, what for me, are the high quality brands. Honestly, I cant be bothered and dont want to research all of the lights out there so I concentrate on the manufacturers I consider to be quality brands.

Therefore, I am loyal to a few brands.

For me a few high quality lights a year are worth more than a load of lesser ones. Can I say I am a quality flashaholic not a quantity flashaholic - is there even such a thing...

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
yes:grin2:

lets just say...:whistle:

cheers to PK

Well, I was going to say I can't think of anyone on here that would say they are completely loyal to just one brand, but I guess we do have one! ** EDIT** I knew it couldn't be just ONE brand, even for you ITN: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1899426&postcount=1

The closest I could think of would be Al (size15) but I don't know for sure that he just uses Surefire, although that is all I can recall him mentioning here.

There are plenty of people that have a TON of one brand or another, but the number that will ONLY have one brand has got to be pretty small.

schiesz

Last edited:

Illum

Flashaholic
Well, I was going to say I can't think of anyone on here that would say they are completely loyal to just one brand, but I guess we do have one! ** EDIT** I knew it couldn't be just ONE brand, even for you ITN: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1899426&postcount=1

The closest I could think of would be Al (size15) but I don't know for sure that he just uses Surefire, although that is all I can recall him mentioning here.

There are plenty of people that have a TON of one brand or another, but the number that will ONLY have one brand has got to be pretty small.

schiesz

yeah...that was awhile ago, but yeah....completely loyal would be a negative
the dorcy was a UV mod given by a good friend
the X1 is retired
the T1 went AWOL
the X5's in the car....somewhere :thinking:
the XO2 and XO3 both have YA tinted luxeons, conditionally retired until I find a way to open them safely
Jr Lux was given away
both of my L2Ps were given away
G2's on a long term loan:candle:
Scorpions....still here;)

bought 2 more A2s, 2 L4s, 1 M6 after that pic was taken...
I'm planning a G2L, E2L, and hopefully enough money left for a 6P, can't do without a classic:nana: