Armytek predator v2 vs fenix tk41 throw

Tulip bush

Enlightened
Has anybody got both the v2 armytek predator and fenix tk41? Just wondering how they would compare with regards to throw.....any information appreciated.

thanks

Kaban

Newly Enlightened
i have the predator v2 and a tk40 so it's close to what you're talking about. The TK at least to me seems to throw further but I haven't compared them side by side. TK is like three-four times the size though.

firelord777

Enlightened
I have both, to my eyes, they have practically the same throw, though the TK41 may out throw it by a VERY SMALL margin, it's amazing how a such a relatively small flashlight can throw the same as one 2-3 times it's size.

The TK41 uses AA though, a preference in a survival situation.

Cheers

Pöbel

Enlightened
and a problem in a disaster situation, where AAs will be the first batteries wiped from the shelves, while the CR123s will still be hanging (if there were any in the first place)

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
and a problem in a disaster situation, where AAs will be the first batteries wiped from the shelves, while the CR123s will still be hanging (if there were any in the first place)

Although a bit off topic, in a disaster, AAs are still the best as you can rob these from remote controls, radios etc. A single AA light is the easiest to feed in disaster/survival situations. It is also much easier to charge AAs from solar sources or battery vehicles as solar li-ion chargers are few and far between. This then gives you self sufficiency which primary CR123s do not.

Back on topic, the Predator V2.0 is fantastic, and is very close to the TK41. The Predator's spill is slightly narrower which probably mainly accounts for the difference in total output.

dajabec

Newly Enlightened
Am I missing something? How is a 30kcd light the same throw as a 50kcd light? I love the Predator but I don't want anyone buying it based on thinking it throws just as well as a 60mm reflector. I'm sure the diference must be visible. It's the best in it's size class though, an amazing light.

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
From my reviews I have the following images all at the same exposure:

The TK41 (not the U2 version)

16FenixTK41-ISO100-f2-2s.jpg

The Predator G2 V2.0

23PredatorG2beamoutdoors-.jpg

and the Predator X V2.0

18PredatorXbeamoutdoors-.jpg

Not definitive, as the range is not sufficient, but you might get a rough idea of how they compare.

firelord777

Enlightened
Thanks subwoofer for the pics:)

Basically, the TK41 puts out more overall light, but the predator has a tight hotspot that gives it good throw