Armytek wizard new snap in clip.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hopefully AT has tested this at cold temps, like 10F, for resistance to cracking. I am optimistic. AT usually has very good mechanical engineering, as opposed to their unimpressive electrical engineering.

What is needed now on the Wizards (and Primes) is an improved pocket clip.
10F...thats barely even cold lol. It's - 33F here tonight. I would hope they test it to at least - 40C.

parametrek

Enlightened
The new clip has been added to their store! Only $3 each. The Wizards with USB charging are also finally on their store too, but they are not labeled so you have to go digging for them.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope someone can torture test them, see how quickly the arms lose tension or worse, snap.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered one from A/T for $15+. Headband $3, shipping $12+. Oh well, what's $15 between friends.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Thanks, WW.

Placed order but refused to pay shipping so purchased 75 bucks worth if stuff. Do I need another Wizard. No but got one in XP-L CW. Have too many warm and occasionally like the CW side of things. Plus prefer their standard models over the pros. So once I get the plastic holder will put the XHP-50 on it. Thinking about using the new wizard for my hiking kit.

Woods Walker

Ok now.

The new V3 Not Pro wizard came with the plastic harness. Also got one for the XHP-50 and guess this is now the standard for the line. I am going to update my Field Use Review for the XHP-50 with this new harness but will say today I trail ran 5 miles wearing it and used it around the house. Seems like an improvement in every way however won't know longer term durability for the longer term. But that's obvious.

Random Dan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can anyone check to see if this holder works with a Zebralight H600? I really love the ZL headlamps but their silicon holders are disappointing.

Woods Walker

Used it during 5 day winter outing. So far really happy with the new clip/harness. It didn't snap or break in the cold but also didn't try to remove the light. Temps around zero or just a bit under to maybe 150 F as had a wood stove in the tent.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice. Thanks for the info. That sounds like an awesome trip too.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the Tiara fit in it?

Have you worn it much without a stocking cap? When I do with just the silicone holder, it leaves "Zebralight horns" on my forehead and can get a little uncomfortable as a result.

Woods Walker

Wow. Thanks for the intense real world testing!

This time I wasn't alone. Dang cold one night. The rest maybe in the teens which is rather comfortable for the area. 5 days of heavy use and still running on the same battery. The power of 18650 though wonder if without the heated shelters the battery would have taken a hit. In any case the clip was able to take a wide range of rapidly changing temps.

CampingMaster

Newly Enlightened
I took a pic of my snap in clip :

I am very satisfied, I use my new snap in clip on a regular basis. Instead of taking ~ 35 to 40 seconds to insert the flashlight in the silicon holder, with this new clip it takes one second.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, what an awesome camping trip that must have been.

Nice picture of the clip, CampingMaster.