Assistance requested for tattoo design ((Update - Artwork Finalized))

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Any skillful artists/illustrators out there? - assistance requested for tattoo de

chimo, that's a funny image :laughing:

Here's a rough sketch of artwork submitted by Ctrain that I'm posting here with his permission. I adjusted the exposure and color just a bit so that it would show up better for others to see. The ribbon/banner has yet to be filled with text; and I'm still mulling over what that will be exactly though I do have some ideas.

IMG00591-20090729-1812.jpg

That_is_AWESOME!!!! I think its classy and sharp looking!

@Ctrain, you are very talented - nice work! :clap: :thumbsup:

@brighterisbetter - so you gonna do it??? :poke::D

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Re: Any skillful artists/illustrators out there? - assistance requested for tattoo de

Posted by McGizmo himself:

McIB-Screw-Plane.jpg

Your screen name goes on the battery.

gsxrac

Enlightened

So if I get a McGizmo tattoo'd on my body do I get a complimentary McGizmo light? Hmm this could be great advertising at the beach plus the only way I could ever afford to own a McGizmo! Totally kidding, well at least mostly. I really wont ever be able to afford a McGizmo. BUT I would also suggest a McGizmo or a Surefire M6 since those are probably the two most recognized lights to a flashaholic. Or you could get a m@glite :green::green::green:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

So if I get a McGizmo tattoo'd on my body do I get a complimentary McGizmo light?
Wouldn't that be nice :popcorn:

you could get a m@glite :green::green::green:
:xyxgun:

Sgt.LED, I thought about that very image prior to starting this thread but decided against it for two reasons: (1) imagine the colors bleeding together as you get older, it would have to be HUGE to have any flashlight resemblance in 20 years, and (2) I prefer the old-school look of what CTrain demonstrated.

M I K

Enlightened
The fiscally dysfunctional State of Kommiefornia

Hey, you could have the artist paint up your whole forearm to look like a big flashlight. All the way arround like you have your arm in a cylinder. You could put the bezel forward towards your hand, that way when you spread your hand out with your fingers spread it would look like the light's beam. And you could push a finger from your other hand into your forearm like you are hitting the switch and open your hand at the same time like it came on.
crackup.gif

gsxrac

Enlightened

Ctrain that looks awesome!

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast

So did this happen yet?

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not yet. I have full intention of going through with it but am awaiting the final rendered artwork from CTrain at which time I'll pay him for the effort. Then it's off to the parlor I go. :)

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast

am awaiting the final rendered artwork from CTrain

1. artwork received
2. paypal sent
3. appointment scheduled
:)

I realize the Bible verse may offend some of you but I don't care, it's my tattoo :nana:
To those that don't already know, John Chapter 8 Verse 12 reads (New King James Version):
"I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."
c031d50a.jpg

33a632e5.jpg

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Bruce, I think the overall design and scripture are great! I'm not a tattoo guy myself but it I was I'd use this. "Props" to CTrain. :twothumbs

If nothing else it make one heck of a cool avatar as you're using it.

Paul

snailmeat

Newly Enlightened
Have you gotten the tattoo? I recently got a tattoo that hinted at my flasholism, will post a pic when everything is healed up....

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Hopefully the tattoo artist laughed at him real hard then talked him out of it. A tattoo of a flashlight? :crackup:I only say this because I care about my fellow Christians.

Who are you to laugh at and judge a man about a tatoo? Bruce is a well respected CPFer who loves the hobby. People get tats that have to do with stuff that is important to them, the hell with what anyone thinks.

Better than getting a devil or a bloody skull or even a pot leaf tatoo. :D

Tatoos dont make someone any less Christian. :devil:

dcycleman

Enlightened
yeah, what would be socialy acceptable? A tribal armband? I think its awesome when people get ink that actually has some connection with their life. I say go for it, and to hell with the haters