AW Multi-Mode Mag Style Soft Start: Set screw size and specifications?

ebuchner

Newly Enlightened
I just received a used one of these in the mail: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/mag-d-incan-driver-soft-start-multi-brightness.177316/

I'm still acquiring a host, but noticed that the original set screw is missing. Does anyone know the original specs for the set screw? I'm planning on heading to a hardware store where I'm assuming they'll have an internal thread gauge set for just this situation, but if anyone knows off the top of their head here, then that would be handy too.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
Before you go to a store, try the screw from the maglite, AW switch uses same allen key as stock switch, very likely the screw has same thread size as well

ebuchner

Newly Enlightened
Okay, the plot thickens. I tried it with a Mag set screw that I borrowed from a switch assembly. Disappointingly not the same thread/hole size.

However, over the course of fiddling with it I noticed a rattle coming from inside the AW assembly. Turns out that the last person to handle it before sending it to me backed the screw all the way out into the interior of the switch. I managed to shake it loose to the point that I can see it if I peer inside. Now I just have to finagle it back into it's hole from the inside. I guess I'm glad I didn't try to energize anything with a loose set screw potentially shorting out the board.
:cautious:

ebuchner

Newly Enlightened
Update, I got it after far too many tries!:party: Now I just have to hope everything still works when I eventually get it into a host 🤞