Backwards in time

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for this information, I was totally unaware that PK was involved.

Last year I found some Vital Gear "spares" that I had/have stored away.

I have quite a few myself. I like the 3 cell bodies because I used to EDC them with two AW17500's and and a Lumens Factory 7.2 volt lamp assembly in an E2e head. I haven't in years, but I have one ready to go on the shelf. And the AW batteries still work after all these years as well.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have quite a few myself. I like the 3 cell bodies because I used to EDC them with two AW17500's and and a Lumens Factory 7.2 volt lamp assembly in an E2e head. I haven't in years, but I have one ready to go on the shelf. And the AW batteries still work after all these years as well.

Quality is always in style!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I was surprised that most did not know PK was the brain child of Vital Gear products. They were manufactured over seas though.

They were not very durable. The clicky for example had a high failure rate. Their intent was to take advantage of the budding LED market so not a lot of extra bulb modules were made. PK saw a P60 LED market on the horizon. History shows it was a very large market for a while.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was surprised that most did not know PK was the brain child of Vital Gear products. They were manufactured over seas though.

They were not very durable. The clicky for example had a high failure rate. Their intent was to take advantage of the budding LED market so not a lot of extra bulb modules were made. PK saw a P60 LED market on the horizon. History shows it was a very large market for a while.

I'm going to have to correct you there sir. I had heard once that PK was part of the project, but I had entirely forgotten myself. The CLICKY you speak of was on the very early models. All of the later ones were completely reliable.

Who really cares about the intent, it was just a really good EDC light and still is.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I'm going to have to correct you there sir. I had heard once that PK was part of the project, but I had entirely forgotten myself. The CLICKY you speak of was on the very early models. All of the later ones were completely reliable.

Who really cares about the intent, it was just a really good EDC light and still is.
I was speaking of the time I got flamed at the SureFire fakebook page for posting vital gear, like I was posting solar force or those 'trust fire' knock off's.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was speaking of the time I got flamed at the SureFire fakebook page for posting vital gear, like I was posting solar force or those 'trust fire' knock off's.

Are you saying they roasted you for that? interesting... I mean if so, what jerks. But SF was starting to go downhill already at that time if it's the time I think you are mentioning. And it is a business and any business will protect themselves.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It was a few years back. If I recall correct I made a casual mention about vital gear and how PK was involved. "What?!? You're full of crap" type comments took place. PK himself chimes in and says "yeah that was a side project". Suddenly it was as if God himself had chimed in. A short time later a box of vital gear stuff showed up at my house with no return address.

I posted those on the page a while later. "Get that crap outta here" type posts took place. I said "PK owned vital gear". "Nuh uh" type posts followed. PK popped back in "it's true it was me". After that "all hail the mighty vital gear".....lol.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was a few years back. If I recall correct I made a casual mention about vital gear and how PK was involved. "What?!? You're full of crap" type comments took place. PK himself chimes in and says "yeah that was a side project". Suddenly it was as if God himself had chimed in. A short time later a box of vital gear stuff showed up at my house with no return address.

I posted those on the page a while later. "Get that crap outta here" type posts took place. I said "PK owned vital gear". "Nuh uh" type posts followed. PK popped back in "it's true it was me". After that "all hail the mighty vital gear".....lol.
Sounds about right.. :( Business will always protect itself and sometimes you have to worry if you do the wrong thing that might get you in an early grave. The predators are out there and always looking at everything.