• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Balrog bodies (BE1, BE1.5, BE2, BE3 & BE4)

wptski

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Pila 150S bodies (E series compatible)

[ QUOTE ]
balrog said:
wptski, the KL1 accepts an input voltage of 3 - 9V. The Pilas at 3.7V are ideal since the LED voltage is around the 3.5V mark and the KL1 has less boosting/bucking to do and runs more efficiently. The KL4 uses a boost circuit and presumably takes from 3 - 6V. The lower the input voltage the higher the current draw from the batteries. A 123 can't supply enough current to keep the KL4 in regulation, but a Pila can. A KL4 with Pila 168S will run for about 50minutes, so I have read. I estimate 35 minutes on a Pila 150S, regualted.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, you've solved my problems! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

Will these work with McLux PR-T heads with Wizard boards? Also, these have no tailcaps, have to work with SF E-series or McLux tailcaps or are they twisty bodies?

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

i believe balrogs design calls for the e-series tailcap to be used. (you supply your own)

balrog

Enlightened

I've updated the initial post. Please have a read of the edits if you haven't already read them. Thanks.

flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
balrog said:
flashlight, the Pilas will work with McLux heads and Wizard boards.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks balrog. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

balrog

Enlightened

Okay, I feel that there is sufficient interest for the Pila 150S bodies so I am going to proceed with the run. I've approved the design plans and the prototype should be ready as soon as this monday. Once I verify that it works, they can commence work on machining the parts. I still need to finalise the cost of the anodising before I can provide a final price. However, I am quite confident that I will be selling these between $20-25USD per body.

So, if you want any, please indicate in this thread how many you want, and whether you want HA natural or bare aluminium. The minimum run size is 50. As long as there is sufficient demand for 50 in HA natural then I can charge a little less for bare aluminium. I won't need to take prepayment and if you put your name down, and later decide to take it off because the price is not to your liking, that's fine. First come first serve. Order as many as you want. I'm sure I will have more than enough for everyone.

I expect that the bodies will be completed late July. I'm going away on holidays most of June and should be inspecting, and, pending approval, dropping the machined parts to the anodisers as soon as I get back from my holiday early July. Anyway, that's the plan as I see it.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast

I will take one...I will also be wanting to bug Roth about getting one of his as well when he is ready.

Wildcat

Enlightened

Dang, I just realized, these are for 150 S, not 150 A. Why did you choose the smaller cell over the larger one?

balrog

Enlightened

Wildcat, that was my original wish, But as Roth says, it wouldn't work /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif. If you tried to make the inside diameter of the tube 2mm wider then there would not be enough width in the material to make this thread and the walls of the body would be too thin.