Bay Area CPF Camping Weekend - May 9th thru 11th, 2008

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll be sure to pass along your culinary compliments to Leor! :thumbsup:

This trip was just unforgettable and awesome. :) Hey Scott, rub Moo's tummy for me, please. :grin2:

It needs to be said again: Jim's VSS-1 = awesome.

Nano-Oil.com

Newly Enlightened
Hello All, Girls, Men and Children,

I would like to thank you for the warm welcome and the eye opening education I received during this unforgettable week end.

I have no pride but I am very proud of what I do, so I will admit I did not know what EDC stood for until I finally asked TigerHawk on the last day what the acronym stood for "Every Day Carry" duuuh! to me,

I have designed EDC since 1983 except they actually were "UWEDC" ??
After investigating a few staple EDCs from a number of you boys and girls, it is obvious that I have to upgrade my panoply of them.

My EDC were all dangling from my MasterClip , they are so many that it can get confusing at time but they are all together ready for service in a grab and run package, so my protocol should be -Grab - Run - Organize when time allows, onto a nice belt like a few I have seen during the weekend on some of you.

Does any one has any pictures of Kai on the Segway? I almost let him go all the way but felt that he needed a few more pounds on him to manage the Gyros and turning, so he went on his own in a linear motion never showing him how to turn. the young man was willing eager and able.

Again, thanks you all,

JimH, it has been way too long since our first meeting at the Shot Show in Las Vegas in 2005, I think you and I have kept the whole camp from tumbling into their dreams until 2 am, one could learn a lot from a JimH and I am proud to be one of them.

Looking forward to the next outing where ever it takes us.

Christian StClaire [email protected] 707 235-4029

Weylan

Enlightened
Christian,
I am looking for pictures of Kai on the Segway too. I thought I had a couple, but I also thought that Kevin might have taken a few. I also wanted to thank YOU for leting us all ride it, and for your patience in and for all of us!

I was amazed at Kai on the Segway too. and wanted to show his mother, or at least I think I want to show his mother of him riding the segway on his own.

I think he is not scared because He and I ride an electic razor all the time together with him in front, so he is not afraid of the speed and while I have the controls, he is riding standing holding on in almost the same position.

I should have also purchased one of the cool applicators from you. I have already used the lube and it makes the lights really smooth.

Nano-Oil.com

Newly Enlightened
Hello Weylan,

I know that pictures were taken and they may show up in someone else's camera/cell phone cam,

Do you mean that you used the Nano-Oil tube that I gave and or got in ruffle on this outing or one that you purchased on the website some time back??

If so what you could do is 2 choices:
1- go on the site http://www.Nano-Oil.com/Products.html and purchase one at full price and I will send you a second one at no charge, if you want the CLP 5 weight I can do that as the free second unit if you wish, people have dubbed it WD 40 on Steroids.

2- go on the CPF Special page: http://www.Nano-Oil.com/CPF.html and purchase at discount.

Make sure that you put your phone number in the card processing if you do that.

Look forward to see you again and I will bring some more of the Nano-Juice for you as a gift at that time.

Regards,
ps. I also really enjoyed talking to Madame Weylan, LOL about gardening and the affairs of the world in general, you have a nice group dynamics going there.

Christian StClaire [email protected]

Christian,
I am looking for pictures of Kai on the Segway too. I thought I had a couple, but I also thought that Kevin might have taken a few. I also wanted to thank YOU for leting us all ride it, and for your patience in and for all of us!

I was amazed at Kai on the Segway too. and wanted to show his mother, or at least I think I want to show his mother of him riding the segway on his own.

I think he is not scared because He and I ride an electic razor all the time together with him in front, so he is not afraid of the speed and while I have -the controls, he is riding standing holding on in almost the same position.

I should have also purchased one of the cool applicators from you. I have already used the lube and it makes the lights really smooth.

Last edited:

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a chance to share some of the fun we had last weekend - a CPF lunch on Thursday. I started the "SF Bay Area lunch at British Pub" thread in the "Get Togethers" forums.

Please make all posts relating to the lunch in that thread, not this one.

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry guys for logging in so late. I came back from the camping trip fine and dandy, until we hit HW17. As if something gotten over me, I came down with headache / dizzy spell / sore all over. I was in bed for most of the next two days :( I think it's the thought not having another CPF camping trip for 365 days.

Well I'm back at work today and hope to see some of you at the Thursday lunch where we can share more fun time.

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Weylan,

I don't see the group photos you took. Are they MIA?
smoker.gif

KingGlamis

Banned
No beamshots?????????????????????????????????? No pics of people USING flashlights? Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. I thought you all were flashlight enthusiasts? I guess not. You don't go to a NASCAR race and come home with no pics of NASCARs. You don't go to a national park without taking lots of pics of all you saw there. Pathetic...

tedjanxt

Enlightened
Easy there big fella. Not all folks went simply for flashlights. I personally went to meet new folks and relax as I've has a stressful couple of months. As for pics of people using flashlights and beamshots, did you happen to notice the VSS-1 Tanklight with a near 6 mile beam???

Yea, I'd guess not.

Personally, I only toted a Malkoff 3D mag, a Flashcrazy modded Hokus Fokus, and a Streamlight Microstream/L0DQ4 combo up the hill. We've all seen beamshots of those, right? Why waste bandwidth?

Actually, I had the most fun BS'ing about knives with Leor, I learned a lot that weekend about a hobby I've taken to as much as flashlights.

So, yea, as for pathetic, well...to each his own, I guess. Let us know how your camping trip goes, 'mkay?

LowBat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Beamshots?!? This was a camping trip were we "actually use" all sorts of lighting devices that others like yourself simply talk about, not a laboratory environment. If you want beamshot comparisons there are plenty of places here on CPF to view them. Now take down that shelf queen you have at home that only gets shined on the ceiling and put it to some real use!

KingGlamis

Banned
Beamshots?!? This was a camping trip were we "actually use" all sorts of lighting devices that others like yourself simply talk about, not a laboratory environment. If you want beamshot comparisons there are plenty of places here on CPF to view them. Now take down that shelf queen you have at home that only gets shined on the ceiling and put it to some real use!

Got any proof that you "actually used" your flashlights? No, you don't. Point proven. I have lots of proof that I use mine, so your statement about me having shelf-queens if more than laughable.

Let me guess, you are probably a fan of Diane Frankenstein? :eek::poke:

Edit: When I say beamshots, I am NOT talking about the LAME white wall beamshots that most here post. I'm talking about REAL beamshots in REAL outdoor settings. Maybe you should get further away from the white walls more often.

Last edited:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dude, we were camping. It got dark at night, and we used a lot of flashlights - trust me on this. I would've taken beamshots, but I didn't want to bring my nice camera on a camping trip. Besides, I was too busy eating filet mignon wrapped in bacon. :drool:

BTW, look at the third to last pic in post #103. That's a beamshot of an AN/VSS-1. If that's not enough for you, I don't know what is.

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got any proof that you "actually used" your flashlights? No, you don't. Point proven. I have lots of proof that I use mine, so your statement about me having shelf-queens if more than laughable.

Edit: When I say beamshots, I am NOT talking about the LAME white wall beamshots that most here post. I'm talking about REAL beamshots in REAL outdoor settings. Maybe you should get further away from the white walls more often.

Do you have any appreciation for the effort one must make to arrange one of these over/multi night get togethers? If you did your attitude might be a tad different. :shrug:

knifebright

Enlightened
Larry
Wish i could have made this one as I really do enjoy the trips you put together but alas, called into work but am on Vacation this week.....oh well.

KingGlamis
Maybe in the future you could come along and meet up with people and get to know them/us. It really is fun to play together nice and Lowbat+the friends and family really put out such great effort for us to enjoy together and.........Get real life beam shots----if not you fall in the dark down the water fall :)

I don't understand why you would attack and entice the good folks in this thread right off the bat?? Maybe it's all a complete misunderstanding, or maybe the idea of a get-together for flashaholics holds different expectations for you than do for the group involved.

Either way it would be really nice if you backed off the insults (pathetic is pretty rough ya know?).

EDIT: If its just playing around I back off as well :)

jimmy

Last edited:

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't take it too personally guys.
KingGlamis is just having fun with you guys since he didn't get to see the glowing ball. He surely notice that during the raffle the whole camp yard was lit up with headlights and others.

Patrick next time you take picture bring along your full frame camera and NO flash :D

Larry/Larry: How about another camping meet... this year?

tedjanxt

Enlightened
Larry/Larry: How about another camping meet... this year?

I'm in!!

BTW MM, was it you that donated the Cree Mag dropins? I got the 12V one, and haven't a clue how to go about running it. I have a 2D mag host, will that work? Where do I get parts?? I wanna turn this thing on SO BAD!!!

Nano-Oil.com

Newly Enlightened
I'm in!!

BTW MM, was it you that donated the Cree Mag dropins? I got the 12V one, and haven't a clue how to go about running it. I have a 2D mag host, will that work? Where do I get parts?? I wanna turn this thing on SO BAD!!!

Hello TedJanxt,

Sweet memories of show and tell and just plain fun in the wilderness with a fun group of boys, girls, and little ones, well let us call it pseudo-Wilderness.
-no one got lost with or without a compass (no one carried one I believe)
-no Drinking
-no noise after 10 pm,
(I do believe that JimH and I violated the last rule until 2 am or so, boy does JimH has stories to tell )

I am definitely in for a new outing this year.

By the way I am leaving tonight for Las Vegas where the Light Fair is taking place 20080528 until Friday,
Will any of you gentlemen and or Ladies attend the show? , it is high end manufacturer/developer , I am a guest of Nichia America and will also of course visit with Seoul Semi and many other established and new players in the LED field.
the link to the trade show is: http://www.LightFair.com

TedJanXt, I maybe a character but so are you, I had so much fun meeting you. Please say hi to our friend "The Chef" (Filet Mignon) and please ask him to contact me at [email protected] we have some unfinished business culinary speaking.

Christian StClaire