be quiet tom cruise

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Why the press lets celebrities pontificate on anything and everything is beyond me. Also mystifying is that anyone cares or listens to them. Actors are good at acting, musicians aregood at making music, etc...

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
cruise is a wackjob.

i mean seriously, no man in his right mind would get a divorce from nicole kidman... :wtf:

although i'm willing to give him a little slack for his new bride-to-be.

TRC

Newly Enlightened
Tom Cruise is a good actor, but like many actors, has no foot hold in reality.

I'm surprised he didn't just say that Scientotogy can cure all mental/emotional illmesses. Moron

My best freind from high school got sucked into the Scientology cult more than 20 years ago.

I can't even send him E-mails anymore, he is so far gone.

He did tell me that using Scientology, he could 'cure' my asthma, which is so severe I have to use 2 inhalers and an oral med every day. The sad thing is my friend was a very intelligent, normal person before the Scientology people brain washed him.

But he's not alone: I have another friend who is an insulin dependant diabetic. He went to se a DC (Chiropractor) after an auto accident which injured his back, and the Chiropractor said he could 'help' his diabetes with twice a week 'spinal adjustments'.....for the rest of his life.

No insurance would cover that, and of course it would be worthless to try to 'treat' diabetes with Chiroprctic 'treatments'.

There are a LOT of crazy people in the world, that's for sure.....

Obviously, the Chiropractor could benefit from some intensive mental health treatment.....likely including several psyco active medications....!

hookoo

Newly Enlightened
I heard that Scientology is based on murdered aliens from 75 million years ago that effect our minds. That was all with the help of psychologists many millions ago.

check it out @ www.xenu.net click on the xenu leaflet

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i though that l ron hubard made it up?i wasnt even sure it was real to i saw all the people in holly wood talking about it

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
They claim they can cure asthma? Are there any other medical conditions that they can "cure?" Because there are a lot of other medical treatments that can.

I would like to see his empirically derived evidence that there's "no such thing sa a chemical imbalance." I would also like to see records of his medical school attendance, internships, medical licenses, etc.

Do I hear a quacking sound?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that in the last few weeks Tom Cruise has even done far more than he usually does to demonstrate that being a mega-star has nothing to do with having any common sense.

On the other hand, he is an entertainer, and while I personally find his films hold little value, his seemingly endless, glib, chattering on about so many subjects that he knows nothing about can sometimes be amusing.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I was originally planning on seeing his latest movie (the one that he'll do anything to get attention for) but after seeing his vapid anti-psych-treatment rants, I've changed my mind. I'm willing to bet that others have also.

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PhotonWrangler said:
I would like to see his empirically derived evidence that there's "no such thing sa a chemical imbalance." I would also like to see records of his medical school attendance, internships, medical licenses, etc.

Do I hear a quacking sound?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon8.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a valid argument (to us) but when confronted, those who don't have them simply say "oh, that's because the establishment won't give them to us" "we don't need those" or "they don't believe it works".

I recently heard amazing almost-too-good-to-be-true things in the health department and basically I had no good answer to "the establishment is out to get us and we don't need paper just take our word that it works" excuse.

Take people's word I might, but not in these matters.

AJ_Dual

Enlightened
I was going to post www.xenu.net as well.

And yah, Scientology is based on the belief that the Galactic overlord, Xenu, used Earth as a concentration camp millions of years ago, and once it was full, had it carpet H-bombed until the surface was molten. In the present day, mental disease is really posession via the ghosts of these condemmed aliens trying to live through our bodies.

Oh yeah, Ron L. Hubbard was really "God" who came down to tell us the truth about all this.

And no, I am not making this up. Even Time magazine ran an expose on this in a nifty color fold out chart a couple of years ago.

The whole space-ghosts/Xenu thing was supposed to be super-secret and only to be revealed to the innermost levels of Scientology, namely those too far gone into the cult to be a risk.

Frankly the whole thing is likely a practical joke by Ron L. on the world, but is own neuroses and paranoia over Psycology and his rejection from military service took over.

Scientology aggresively recruits celebrities and gives them VIP treatment to get the press and the free marketing. It "works" for them, becuase frankly, any organization devoted to kissing your A-- non-stop 24/7 will probably make you feel somewhat better, no? Unfortunately, the experience of the rank-and-file Scientologist who pays through the nose for "edits" and "sessions" and "e-meters" is very, very different.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
AJ_Dual said:
Unfortunately, the experience of the rank-and-file Scientologist who pays through the nose for "edits" and "sessions" and "e-meters" is very, very different.

[/ QUOTE ]

A friend of mine was one of those rank-and-file who paid thousands of dollars for those "sessions." He has since left Scientology.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
jayflash said:
While proper nutrition may help many of us to feel better, Tom needs to take a pill.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/clap.gif

raggie33

*the raggedier*
i would like to invite tom to some of the hositals ive been in.i have a feeling he will change his mind fast state run mentle hostals are a place to see mentle illness.iseen stuff ya would never ever belive in ya wildest dreams.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Almost every family I know has been touched in one way or another by someone with a mental illness. It's more prevalent than most people think because it manifests itself in so many ways, some subtle and some not. And considering that modern science still doesn't understand everything about the human brain, it's pretty arrogant of someone who has no medical credentials to claim better knowledge of this topic than the medical profession itself. It's also a very transparent ploy for controvesy and the resultiung free publicity it brings in a society that has a constant hunger for titillating news bytes.

Canuke

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
James S said:
interesting how someone can say things that are so obviously wrong in every way and still have people paying attention.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm, were you referring to Cruise, or contemporary political ideology?

I'm confused /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Canuke said:

[/ QUOTE ]
Doh! Let's not go THERE and have to visit all the mental illness!

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
James S said:
no such thing as a chemical imbalance?

lol!

[/ QUOTE ]

There IS such a thing.. and I can prove it, even to our good friend.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

"First person to down an entire fifth of vodka and can walk straight in half an hour's time wins"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That's a chemical imbalance for you.. yes, it's artificial but I didn't say it would be otherwise /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Canuke said:

[/ QUOTE ]

It's all about context my friend /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif In this context I was most certainly referring to mr cruise. In the future however, watch for threads where I denigrate contemporary political ideology. Although I must say that as far as contemporary political ideology, I think it's more of a religion now, with more dogma than commentary. Not as much fun to discuss religion because you can't actually convince anybody of anything once they know what they believe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif But that wouldn't have any bearing in the current context would it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif