Beam Shots Please: L0D W/10440, NDI W/14500, LF5XT W/14500

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I was thinking about picking up, like, 4 more L0D's .... Do not know the voltage, as my only DMM has too low of a battery in it... I guess I should visit Harbor Frieght, there is one on the way to work ;) ..... the Battery was fresh off the charger .... and it is an AW....

I'd try the DMM first and see what that 10440 is doing. If it looks good, then you could try more LOD's. :)

Marduke

Flashaholic
To be clear, it is a L0D-CE Q4.... my test was about 3ft from a wall ... the center spot from the NDI was bigger .... and the quality of the beam was must nicer, even, smooth, whiter, the L0D was definably warm, which I hear is how the Q4's tend to be, compared to the Q5 in the NDI

FYI, the tint bin is a totally separate rating from the flux bin.

josiah

Newly Enlightened
I used the lowest resolution on my DSLR :( sigh... would have to figure how to resize on the Mac ...hmmm...

There's a GREAT free photo editing program out there called GIMP. I use it for resizing photos and other things. It's the freeware equivalent to photoshop. I have Windoze, but it looks like there are a few options for Mac downloads. Definitely try it out, the user interface isn't the easiest, but it's a powerful program.

juplin

Enlightened
It's nothing strange. :naughty:
The relative location between reflector and LED will significantly affect the beam pattern.

If you have a focusable flashlight such as Jet1 Pro (or IBS), run an experiment. Turning the bezzle clockwise will produce a tigher but brighter spot and a wider but dimmer spill. On the other hand, turning the bezzle counterclockwise will produce a wider but dimmer spot and a brigher but smaller spill.

For those non-focusable flashlights such as L0D or NDI, the deviation of relative location between reflector and LED during assembly of bezzle will reproduce the different beam patterns like the focusable flashlight.