Beamshots A2 L2 SL K2 E1L L1 E1B P3D R100 Q5 M60 EO9 P60 P61 P90 P91 EO9 HOR5 MN16 M6

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dial-Up Warning: Animated GIF File Size = 1.5MB
EV_007-Beamshots.gif

Animated Notes
1. Frame delay looped at 300 centiseconds (3 seconds).​

Paul520

Newly Enlightened
IMO these are some of the nicest useful beamshots I've seen here.

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
That is a comprehensive range of lights, and a useful and wide-ranging comparison.

Very nice work also by adamlau with the thumbnails and the gif.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
thank you. those are nice. I like the histogram too. where did you pull the histogram from?

Also the more I read about the M6 the more that I am glad that i bought one haha. it is like the mini-Beast.

gallagho

Enlightened
Really nice comparison set :thumbsup:

>The HO-R5 is quite a performer for the money in the Ultrafire WF500 package.

+1 I was slightly underwhelmed when I received my M6 and compared it with my WF-500(HO-R5)

In terms of spill M6 has it, it's a fantastic beam. However for throw the WF-500 is right there with it.

Owen

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
First up thanks for sharing the beamshots EV_007. Also thanks to adamlau for the tnails and gif, excellent work.

The SF M6 is the rocks! I do wish for one.

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the P3D is neutral white, I'd love to see a Warm white Rebel.

Good picts.

EV_007

Enlightened
thank you. those are nice. I like the histogram too. where did you pull the histogram from?

Also the more I read about the M6 the more that I am glad that i bought one haha. it is like the mini-Beast.

The histogram is copied from the image viewer software that came with my camera.

EV_007

Enlightened
Sticky! ! !

Wow, thanks for the vote. I'm going to add more lights to this collection of beamshots. I'll try to refine this as time goes on as well as when I acquire new lights. Perhaps shots of the lights themselves next to the beamshots would be useful.

Last edited:

nzgunnie

Enlightened
Certainly some of the most useful beamshots I've seen, especially for making comparisons. Very well done.

I think the street light and ambient light is a useful feature too, it does help with the comparisons.

santza

Newly Enlightened
Very nice! Thank you. That WF-500 with LF lamp looks very nice. Now i'm wondering if I should get one instead of kt2 turbohead+EO-M3T :confused:

EV_007

Enlightened
Very nice! Thank you. That WF-500 with LF lamp looks very nice. Now i'm wondering if I should get one instead of kt2 turbohead+EO-M3T :confused:

There is a slight price difference, however remember brightness is only ONE factor in the overall characteristic of a light.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's some fine work there, EV_007. I know it isn't any small effort. I did some shots last night of just four lights and just doing the shots took close to an hour. Used up some battery juice too. I got more mythical "spinners" than clean shots.

This, another of your contributions to our knowledge base, has considerable value in that it is terrifically useful for many members. Thank you very much.

Chongker

Newly Enlightened
thanks for all the beam shots, very nice work there.

interesting how the M6's 500 lumen lamp killed the Lumen Factory "630 lumen" lamp.

I guess Lumen factory needs to find a more honest way of rating their lamps.

Remember, most manufacturers advertise bulb lumens, not torch lumens like SureFire does which actually gets measured after the light is reflected/absorbed by the reflector and lens.

Surefire may even under rate their lumens.The M6 on fresh cells is probably putting out around 650 lumens out the front.
:thumbsup:

I agree that more flashlight manufacturers should try and rate their flashlights more like Surefire, but Lumens Factory should be excempted from this. Why? Because they don't produce flashlights, they make lamp assemblies. It wouldn't be right for them to measure torch lumens from the front of a flashlight as they don't even produce flashlights to measure from. The lumens you'd get would differ slightly between which flashlight you put the LA's in, though the estimated "true" lumen rating of the LF bulbs would be their rated lumens multiplied by a coefficient of 0.65. Another thing, Surefire takes their ratings somewhere in the middle of the batteries life, so the max lumens of the M6 on fresh primaries would likely be more than 500 lumens. Why LF doesn't do this and instead takes max lumens is because run time would differ depending on what set up of batteries the LA's are run on.

So all in all, LF gives valid and honest lumen ratings, they're just different from Surefire, for good reason as well. That said, the beamshot for the M6 looks awesome :thumbsup: :cool:. Have to get myself one someday, envy all you lucky owners :crazy:. Oh well, my M4 will suffice for now :rolleyes:.

Ohh, and also kudos to the OP for some great beamshots :twothumbs. And on a sidenote thanks to mdocod for all his posts from which I read and learnt about why LF lumen ratings seemed so outrageously over-rated.

EV_007

Enlightened
Yes, that is a good point about Lumens Factory manufacturing bubs only, thus rating them as such. I do not fault them at all. They have given me more options in the incan department which I'm excited about.

I suppose it goes same for drop-ins as well since it is the module/assembly that is measured, which again is totally understandable.

I'm surprised at the amount of light loss when reflecting off of and passing through the lens of a flashlight compared to bulb lumens.

Fashlight companies that produce the actual light, measuring them out the front (torch lumens) would be more consistent, especially useful for potential buyers when comparing them from brand to brand.

Of course advertizing the highest lumen they can get away with is clever marketing.

Advertiziing troch lumens with batteries half drained would be the most realistic form of measuring brightness, although I'd even settle for out the front lumens measured with fresh cells. But then again, that may not bode well for "marketing" purposes for many flashlight comapanies. Again which is understandable.
:sssh:

Latest posts