Beauty, Fame, Fortune for CNN Anchor and no flashlight or common sense?

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
While watching CNN's coverage this morning 5:26 AM Eastern time, I had to laugh when I watched CNN anchor Soledad Obrien complain that she did not have a flashlight and no lights were available in that part of NYC! Guess she couldnt make it to the Bronx to see Bryan at Shiningbeam! with 1.5 volts of alkaline DC power, an LED light provides illumination!

So it would appear that no amount of money, fame or stunning good looks equals common sense in an emergency situation!!!!!:oops:

Last edited:

tam17

Enlightened
99% of people I know (non-enlightened) would say the same. She could've used her expensive smartphone, but was probably scared of being robbed in the street.

Cheers

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
BROOKLYN, not the Bronx!

What happened to her driver?

Last edited:

Up All Night

Enlightened
Maybe she got her driver from DX?

HA!! :thumbsup:
Home Depot was having a heyday selling $5 multipack led lights. One particular lady looked lost, I tried to steer her to the Rayovac 2AA Indestructible. Her reply,....."16 dollars! For that much money it better make me breakfast, I'm going to the dollar store!" :shakehead

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Can't protect people from their own stupidity. Some folks just have to learn the hard way.

Perfect example of that old saying . . . "Some people know the price of everything, and the value of nothing."

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I didn't catch that particular scene with Soledad but I can imagine that it was repeated countless times by others who aren't on TV. On the positive side, CNN has been allowing residents to plug their cellphone chargers into their remote trucks so I give them kudos for that.

Now what kind of flashlight would be the perfect fit for Soledad? :)

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't protect people from their own stupidity. Some folks just have to learn the hard way.

Perfect example of that old saying . . . "Some people know the price of everything, and the value of nothing."

^They usually say that as a universal description of gov't or private bean counters.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't catch that particular scene with Soledad but I can imagine that it was repeated countless times by others who aren't on TV. On the positive side, CNN has been allowing residents to plug their cellphone chargers into their remote trucks so I give them kudos for that.

Now what kind of flashlight would be the perfect fit for Soledad? :)

She makes a lot of money, so maybe a Haiku.

Latest posts