BEST Aquarium Screensaver?

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
GJW said:... I see that there's now an update on their website so I'll give it another try tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.
Still cartoony.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So which one do you like so far, Sigman?

Frenchyled

Flashaholic*
Sigman, GJW and others /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

It seems they exist two Aquazone /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Empath spoke about Aquazone Garden from Allume System, he said equal or better than Serenescreen aquarium...but no downloadable demos .
Sigman, thanks for the link for Aqua-extreme, but the demo file I have downloaded dated from 1995 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif It's probably another product named Aquazone by Cinomix !! And I confirm that, like GJW said, this release is not better than a cartoon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So, another ideas to test before buying Aquazone from Allume system ?

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Well without seeing Aquazone...I've decided that even though I like the "realistic" aquarium in Serene Screen's "Marine Aquarium 2.0", the fish movement just lacks a "little".

I like the aquarium in "Goldfish Aquarium" and the fish movement seems the best to me of all of them.

Now, I've still not seen Aquazone. The demo of "Goldfish Aquarium" only has one fish, whereas the full version has more. Not sure about the demo of Marine 2.0 - I saw the full blown program.

So at this time, "The winner (for me) is 'Goldfish Aquarium'"!

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've downloaded the test version of Marine Aquarium 2.0. Pretty neat. How long does the demo last? And it looks like the bottom of the screen (the sand) doesn't move - so will this cause a prob with burning the screen?

best regards

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
You are correct, the sand does not move.
Screen burn is not the problem it used to be but you can set MA2 so that the "lights in the tank" cycle on and off.
This should protect you from burn.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
GJW: Thanks for the link--this is it!

By the way, does anyone have any experience with Aquatica? According to their site, they provide 80 fish, 700 backgrounds and 10,000 underwater features. They also include talking fish--too cartoonish? They have a free download, but I stay away from downloading, so if anyone has experience with this program, I really appreciate the feedback. Thanks!

Empath

Flashaholic
The sand doesn't move, but the shadows rippling across the sand and the changing lighting situation is the same as a moving image. Burning the image isn't the problem it used to be, but even if it was, it's covered. Images don't really move; pixels just change in intensity or turn on and off. That's all a screen saver amounts to anyway.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Holy old thread Batman!!

I use Dreamaquarium. It's set to have different images on both my monitors ;)