Best LED under $30

mdocod

Flashaholic
I have to disagree with the concept of a 1AA LED light, most of the 1AA lights we talk about on here have terrible runtime when fed alkaline cells. They literally require lithium or NIMH to run worth a darn. Ideally, any light that is being put somewhere for emergency use should be able to run well on anything it is fed reasonably well. By moving up to 2AA lights that have more conservative output, like the E2O, you can actually run it on alkaline cells pretty effectively when you need a quick battery change at a gas station or something like that.

The other issue is that 1 cell lights are tiny. If you were reaching around in the glove box or in some compartment, it would be easier to locate a 2AA light in the dark.

HitecDrftr

Newly Enlightened
As far as run time goes, I'm assuming that the different types of batteries come into play. What can I expect on average from a good AA flashlight as a opposed to a good CR123 flashlight? Which is generally better with longer running time? It doesn't need to be waterproof as it'll mostly be used for emergencies in my car (aka I lost something under my seat & where's that annoying rock in my tire) water resistant couldn't hurt though. I'd obviously prefer to get the brightest, longest running flashlight I can in a convenient size. Multi-modes aren't a must, I'm not really even sure what different modes on a flashlight would consist of. And sorry, but I have no idea what 'cell types' are in this context!

Duracell Daylite 2AA
Regulated Circuit- No continuous fading of light
Good run time
BRIGHT! 80 Lumens
Water Resistant
Lifetime GUARANTEE
http://www.duracell.com/products/guarantee.asp
Less than $25.00
7" long
Reverse clicky
Can tail stand
Reputable company- Can be trusted
Available at Walmart- Buy it and try it same day and if you don't like it, take it back.
Nice Looking
Sturdy anodized aluminum.
Comes with batteries
For throwing in your car, protect the window inexpensively- Cut out the threads of a gallon milk jug cap- fits great! (Different color milk jug cams make nifty filters too!)
Window%20Cap.jpg

Last edited: