BloodLust

Enlightened
Fenix E35UE

360 lumens high
120 mid
10 low
900 burst

---

If the X5 has about 31 lumens and runs on 123s, why not a 1x AA with more output but a diffuser? Comes out smaller than the X5 and uses a single easily available battery.

My EDC is a Fenix LD10 R5 with a diffuser tip. I'm getting an E12 and deciding if I will "frost" the lens with a window frosting spray for pure flood, which is what I do with some of my cheapie off-brand LED lights and lanterns.

Last edited:

Rifter

Enlightened
I'm trying to keep my light/laser collection all on one cell type, which was cr123, then I realized I needed a cell that could handle 5amps or more draw for some high powered lights so expanded to 18650 as well. I would really like to stick to those cell sizes.

Poppy

Flashaholic
If the X5 has about 31 lumens and runs on 123s, why not a 1x AA with more output but a diffuser? Comes out smaller than the X5 and uses a single easily available battery.

I was going to make a similar suggestion.

My EDC is a DQG IV single AAA in stainless, with a 3/60-80 lumen output with a smooth transition from hotspot to spill. Other than a shorter run-time, it would out perform the X5.

Another single AA that comes with a diffuser is the Thrunite T10S in stainless, ven likes it a lot, and thinks I should get one :rolleyes:

wjv

Enlightened
The Nitecore SENS series are very floody

When you look at the specs, look at the CD. When you have lights of similar lumen output, the lower the CD, the more floody that light will be when compared to the others in the same lumen range.

Last edited:

piojo

Newly Enlightened
Do you find the diffusers eat a lot of the brightness? I don't need a torch that's as bright as my current one (and trust me, cheap Chinese torches can be bright!), but I will need it for outdoor illumination, like a portable patio light. (And you can see why this purpose doesn't benefit from a hot spot).

Stockhouse13

Newly Enlightened
Come on folks. Best bang for the buck in a flood is a Sportac triple and a solarforce or convoy.m1 host. Have Richard from Mtn add a MTG2 to the Convoy

BloodLust

Enlightened
Do you find the diffusers eat a lot of the brightness? I don't need a torch that's as bright as my current one (and trust me, cheap Chinese torches can be bright!), but I will need it for outdoor illumination, like a portable patio light. (And you can see why this purpose doesn't benefit from a hot spot).

Fenix has a camping lampshade attachment which turns the light into a lantern. Useful for tailstanding lights but it also has a loop on top for a lanyard if you want to hang it.

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes I built mine, but you can also get them made by Richard st mtnelectronics. Click the custom build option, and you can piece together anything you want from his site.