Best supplier of LEDs

axolotls

Enlightened
I followed all the link I could find, and wondering what everybody's favorite place to get leds (for DIYs). I love this forum and have decided to tool around with some ideas floating around.

Just downloaded 7 Volts resistor calculator onto my Palm Pilot and am ready to go experiment (cheaper than my other hobbies).

Thanks and sorry if this has been answered somewhere else.

-ax
blush.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi
I just ordered some from The Led Light . com.
They were fast and I feel that I paid a reasonable price for the 18 whites that I ordered.
I also delt with hosfelt and they were fast too PLUS they have a pretty nice catalog.

There's the LED MUSEUM too...

I hope this helps....

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I just got some from B.G. Micro (www.bgmicro.com) and they were quick to ship (3 Days), included a spec sheet, and most of all they worked. Plus they've got some other neat stuff. Like a 2" round circuit board that'll hold 36 LED's (board is $7.50, but would be pretty expensive to populate).

axolotls

Enlightened
Thanks. Hoped more would chime in here. I think I am going to try swapping the HDD led out of one my CPUs, since I usually work in the dark... heh heh.
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I've ordered twice from www.whiteleds.net with good results. His prices have come down: 5mm Nichias (50 or 20 degree beam) for $1.75/apiece and $1.00 shipping or $1.50/apiece for 50 with free shipping. I'm not sure how recent they are but I've been happy with them. Don't mind his funky web site- he actually shipped my order before the check even cleared.
Chet

Latest posts