Big Power / Small Package

treadmarks

Newly Enlightened
I think a SF 6P based host running a P60 drop-in with a SST-50 or SST-90 might fit the concept of a lot of power in a small package.

+1 for this combo.

I have a SF 6P with McClicky Brass+ and Nailbender's SST-90 on 2x123 and that light is a blinding beast on high, medium and low. For me, the only thing better would be the same setup in a smaller "E" series package (which I am working on).:sssh:

AlphaZen

Enlightened
Without getting into custom lights:
-MG P-Rocket, as already commented on, is super bright and fairly compact at only 5.5 inches. It looks like they are selling out, though.
-EagleTac P20C2 is very bright and even smaller. EagleTac pushes their lights to the max.
-Dereelight C2H is very compact and pushes a ton of light on high.
-If you want to get into Li-Ion batteries, a Quark Mini AA on a 14500 (which is not officially supported and shouldn't be run on high for long) might be the brightest light in the smallest package.

edit: I forgot to mention that all of the above lights, minus the Quark, can run on CR123 batteries.

Last edited:

Tripwik

Newly Enlightened
Whoa! Truth be told I have a lot of research ahead of me. Most of the things recomended were way over my head. I am just recently discovering the world of flashlights, only been looking for about a year now. Before CPF I only knew factory made lights that I could find from major manufacturers. I have truly seen the light. Thank you for all the great inputs!!!

I better start reading up: drop ins? P60 heads? this is a whole nother language! I cant wait!!!

I fall into the unfortunate catagory of way undereducated I appologize to those of you who saw this thread as "Lazy", I do appreciate the direction however and now have a hell of a place to start reading. Thanks for the patience guys and gals!!!

Last edited:

sabre7

Enlightened
If low price is also a factor, you might consider the Akoray K-106 from DealExtreme, SKU: 28546. It is AA/14500 sized and claims 230 lumens on high.

DavyCrockett

Newly Enlightened
One month ago, I was were you are now, Tripwik. It is indeed a whole new vocabulary. I bought about 3 little duds, cheapos, before I found one everyone agrees on. (plus read about 500 pages worth here, ebay and the rest of the 'net.) It was the Quard 123 mini. You''ll be glad you did. Size of your thumb and really puts out great. Get the 5 mode, means it can shine 5 different ways, low, medium, hi, sos and strobe. Can be had for $39 shipped to you.

Good hunting. lovecpf :welcome:

Burgess

Flashaholic
Even Less !

Don't forget the CPF8 discount code, when ordering ! ! !

:party:
_