Black & Decker Lithium MAX 20 V Batteries

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cells made in Malaysia, assembled in China. Will these fit any other tool company's equipment? I think B&D is in a group of tool companies, but I don't know if they are cross-brand compatible. I would like to upgrade to a better brand and use these B&D batteries with them if I can.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, they design them so you cannot use those batteries in tools like dewalt. Search around on eBay and Amazon, you'll be able to find adapters that go from B&D to other brands of your choice

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, they design them so you cannot use those batteries in tools like dewalt. Search around on eBay and Amazon, you'll be able to find adapters that go from B&D to other brands of your choice
Thanks. I seem to remember seeing those adapters at some time, but they didn't really mean anything to me until I watched a video about the different classes of tools, and how some were just DIY level, some semi-pro and others pro. Seems B&D is strictly DIY--the lowest level of quality. My son has invested in Milwaukee, so I may go that route, or DeWalt so we know whose is whose, IDK yet.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have dewalt tools and Milwaukee tools, i also have an adapter so i can use my dewalt batteries for my Milwaukee tools, I can not say which tool is better, both are great. but if i had to pick one, i'd go for Milwaukee,

As far as adapters, they are all third party aftermarket product, no tool manufacturer makes these cross brand adapters, dewalt makes one to be used in dewalt 18v nicd tools to be used with dewalt 20v li ion battery. The rest are made by unknown companies, and vary in quality, some may have a circuit inside, others not so much. pretty much all adapters only have 2 pins, so you can not charge a battery with that adapter on it. Some have wires so thin that they smoke insulation with a power hungry tool. some are made on 3d printer and shatter if accidentally dropped together with the tool and a battery. those adapters with circuits, sometimes would drain your battery even when not in use, so remove it from the tool when you are done working with it.