BLF/TLF FW3A - now available

joshk

Newly Enlightened
I got mine from Illumn. I hear it's the only place to get the good bin of SST-20. https://www.illumn.com/lumintop-fw3a-tlf-blf-edc-aluminum-flashlight-2047.html
Another option is Neal's gadgets, but I've heard he can take over a month to put your order in the mail, and another month after that to arrive. And it's not unusual for him to not reply to emails and other forms of contact during that time. So I've never ordered from him.

justanotherguy

Enlightened
Where is the best place to get one?

Neal has been mediocre for me... One out of two never came, it took weeks for the replacement..
TiCu and Cu.. Those came fast.
The fw1a is another lost in the mail, waiting a month for replacement...

So I guess..illumn.com might be your source of least concern

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys.

I got mine from Illumn. I hear it's the only place to get the good bin of SST-20. https://www.illumn.com/lumintop-fw3a-tlf-blf-edc-aluminum-flashlight-2047.html
Another option is Neal's gadgets, but I've heard he can take over a month to put your order in the mail, and another month after that to arrive. And it's not unusual for him to not reply to emails and other forms of contact during that time. So I've never ordered from him.

Neal has been mediocre for me... One out of two never came, it took weeks for the replacement..
TiCu and Cu.. Those came fast.
The fw1a is another lost in the mail, waiting a month for replacement...

So I guess..illumn.com might be your source of least concern

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was interested in the FW3A, and even the EDC18, until I saw a video which showed / mentioned that they have a magnet. Unfortunately, I avoid lights with a magnet and those that I do have (47 Atom AAA and AA - love the flood!) are kept far away from my wrist watches. So this is a no-go for me. Had it in my illumn cart yesterday along with a Sony VTC6. That was close.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Magnet? Have both of them and no magnet in vicinity...
Also, whoever is ordering from US, illumn is the only fast option. And they have discount codes as well[emoji41]

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another happy Illumn customer here,they seem to arrive so quickly that I am always surprised really!

Also there are no magnets in the 3 that I have and I am not sure where they would have them as the light uses a tail switch?

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks id30209 & AVService.

Thought I saw / heard / read the FW3A had a tailcap magnet. Glad I was mistaken.

The EDC18 does.

The magnetic tail cap and the reverse stainless steel pocket clip makes it easy to carry and capable of hands-free.

boo5ted

Enlightened
Just heard that a stainless model will be available in a couple weeks. Introducing the FW3S.

73399712_1253218424858117_497402232723996672_n.jpg

justanotherguy

Enlightened
and here I am still waiting on a FW1T. :eek:

How long though? My first two FW3A, one never came. Had to File PP dispute, and then re-order a couple weeks later. The Cu and TiCu, those came fast enough. The FW1A, that's is another no show after a few weeks ,he reshipped, still waiting (friday?)....
One of the FW3A, went for powdercoat, got damaged, the guy ordered a replacement to powdercoat .. No word for a couple weeks.. then I got a stock FW3A as a replacement from powdercoat guy, no explanation.

Not even going into the FW21....

these have been a wild ride for sure

boo5ted

Enlightened
How long though? My first two FW3A, one never came. Had to File PP dispute, and then re-order a couple weeks later. The Cu and TiCu, those came fast enough. The FW1A, that's is another no show after a few weeks ,he reshipped, still waiting (friday?)....
One of the FW3A, went for powdercoat, got damaged, the guy ordered a replacement to powdercoat .. No word for a couple weeks.. then I got a stock FW3A as a replacement from powdercoat guy, no explanation.

Not even going into the FW21....

these have been a wild ride for sure

Haven't ordered one, still waiting on Lumintop to make it.

They droped that idea if am reading correctly... [emoji20]

Sent from Tapatalk

images

Archibald Tuttle

Newly Enlightened
Corking bit of torch. Chuffed with the raw aluminium . I've turned a recessed switch body, threads are rough, but it fixed the proud switch and occasional hot pocket.
I was wary of the designs ability to take impact. After several turns to concrete and metal stairs, so far, so good. I've tested mine waterproof to 1 meter of sea water.
At my age, it's good enough. Remarkable design and engineering.
It isn't great kit for the SAS, Mr. Wick or any other low drag, high speed operators. You know who you are. Yet, it's a fair enough tool for those who will mind the homestead, stay occupied, until the champions return.
:wave:

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my FW3A the other day and have been carrying it every day since. What I like about it? The beam is that best in lighting a path while walking in the early morning (my daily 1). I got the grey / Aluminum (non-anodized) SST-20 4000K Neutral W 95+ CRI. Using the Sony US18650VTC6 3000mAh High Discharge Flat Top. Great reading up about this in CPF, and watching videos, so I knew to not remove the tailcap. My click mechanism is sweet and tactile. I'm getting another with the Cree XP-L HI 1A (Cool White 6500K) next.

5S8Zh5

Flashlight Enthusiast
FW3A #2 arrived - Purple, with Cree XP-L HI 1A (Cool White 6500K). Took her out walking the dog park perimeter and man it's a nice beam. Best beam for walking that I've seen so far.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my FW3A the other day and have been carrying it every day since. What I like about it? The beam is that best in lighting a path while walking in the early morning (my daily 1). I got the grey / Aluminum (non-anodized) SST-20 4000K Neutral W 95+ CRI. Using the Sony US18650VTC6 3000mAh High Discharge Flat Top. Great reading up about this in CPF, and watching videos, so I knew to not remove the tailcap. My click mechanism is sweet and tactile. I'm getting another with the Cree XP-L HI 1A (Cool White 6500K) next.
FW3A #2 arrived - Purple, with Cree XP-L HI 1A (Cool White 6500K). Took her out walking the dog park perimeter and man it's a nice beam. Best beam for walking that I've seen so far.
Nice to hear of another happy FW3A customer. I have an early release with SST-20 4000k, and I love it. The Anduril UI is truly amazing. I've customized mine a bit, but very inexpensively. The GITD insert is terrific to have.
FW3-A-minor-mods.jpg