Brands other than Fenix?

swan

Banned
But its only 750 lumens for what? 2 minutes? Seems more like a gimmick to me. I'm sure its a nice light but I'd really like longer runtimes out its brightest mode. I know it kicks down to 500, but how long can it hold 500 lumens for after kicking down from 750?
The zebralight sc600 holds turbo for exactly 5 mins and runs at 500lms for 90 mins on an aw2200 single cell. Take for instance - the tk35 run time 2x 18650 aw2200 cells only manages 75mins, the zl also has more ceiling bounce and otf lumens than the tk35 as tested by Selfbuilt. Im pretty sure the tk35 steps down to high at 25mins also like most newer lights because of heat build up and being driven hard. No gimmick easily the best light in 2011 for under $100-.

Burntrice

Newly Enlightened
I own Fenix, Sunwayman, Jetbeam, ITP, Nitecore, & Zebralight. Cant go wrong with any of these makes.
What I don't understand is you seem to be after something like the PD31 but a different make, instead why not get something different, more flood?, a thrower? huge lumen output? I don't see the point of trying to get something similar to what you have already.

What batteries do you use? That's the first thing i look at when a new light takes my fancy.

00ChevyScott

Newly Enlightened
I own Fenix, Sunwayman, Jetbeam, ITP, Nitecore, & Zebralight. Cant go wrong with any of these makes.
What I don't understand is you seem to be after something like the PD31 but a different make, instead why not get something different, more flood?, a thrower? huge lumen output? I don't see the point of trying to get something similar to what you have already.

What batteries do you use? That's the first thing i look at when a new light takes my fancy.

I like the size of the PD31. My next light may be a Catapult V3 or a TK41. I wouldn't mind using any kind of battery honestly. I've got 18650s and CR123as

LGT

Enlightened
The zebralight sc600 holds turbo for exactly 5 mins and runs at 500lms for 90 mins on an aw2200 single cell. Take for instance - the tk35 run time 2x 18650 aw2200 cells only manages 75mins, the zl also has more ceiling bounce and otf lumens than the tk35 as tested by Selfbuilt. Im pretty sure the tk35 steps down to high at 25mins also like most newer lights because of heat build up and being driven hard. No gimmick easily the best light in 2011 for under $100-.
I would also suggest a zl sc600. Great high lumens, great low lumens, which are nice when walking around the house. But if you're just looking for confirmation to buy a surefire that's comparable to your fenix, perhaps you should state that in your OP. And trust me if you buy one surefire, you'll have to expand your budget. I started with one. Now I've got five.

g.p.

Enlightened
Nah I do not want one and I am a flashaholic.
Bad flashaholic. You may need your card revoked.
:whoopin:

I like the size of the PD31. My next light may be a Catapult V3 or a TK41. I wouldn't mind using any kind of battery honestly. I've got 18650s and CR123as
I love my TK41. Wicked awesome thrower with a huge useable hot spot too. Only light that continues to make me say wow every time that I use it. The other night a house across my backalley and down four houses had their dog barking for over an hour at 3am. After lighting up their house and bedroom windows with the TK41 they were outside to get their dog in less than a minute. :naughty: If only it would fit in a pocket.

00ChevyScott

Newly Enlightened
I'll add to this that I have a $100 gift card to Amazon, so if a light is selling on there I am going to be a lot more flexible on price. I was also comparing the Catapult V2 SST-50 vs the V3 XM-L vs Fenix TK41. I can get the V2 with no money out of pocket, the TK41 for under $20 out of pocket, and the V3 for about $50 more. I've already got the TK35 so I don't know if I should get another light in that same "genre" or maybe buy two smaller cheaper lights to add to the collection. I'd love to buy the SC600 but that's going to be a lot more money out of pocket. I might save that one for later when I can absorb more of it's out of pocket cost.

00ChevyScott

Newly Enlightened
:naughty: If only it would fit in a pocket.

You should check out the TK35! It's right at the limit of what I would call "pocketable", but wouldn't kill you to put it in your back pocket for a short walk.

g.p.

Enlightened
You should check out the TK35! It's right at the limit of what I would call "pocketable", but wouldn't kill you to put it in your back pocket for a short walk.
I have checked it out, but the plastic end cap and green tint drove me towards the SC600. No need for the TK35 now, especially when you consider swan's post above. Plus the low on the SC600 is one of my most used levels (coming to bed after the wife, reading at night, checking on the kids without waking them, night time bathroom trips, etc). If you were comparing it to the TK41, the throw on the TK35 isn't even close to the TK41. It is really impressive.

Also, in regards to your post above about the run times on the SC600 in turbo...why would you rather have a light without turbo so that the run times are longer on paper? The light has six levels, some of them programmable. Why would you possibly need to leave it in turbo? Turbo is there for when you need it (not very often). I haven't used my TK21 or TK15 in months because they just don't have the low lows, or the high highs. They're still great lights, but I have other lights now that do it all without any compromises.

00ChevyScott

Newly Enlightened
I have checked it out, but the plastic end cap and green tint drove me towards the SC600. No need for the TK35 now, especially when you consider swan's post above. Plus the low on the SC600 is one of my most used levels (coming to bed after the wife, reading at night, checking on the kids without waking them, night time bathroom trips, etc). If you were comparing it to the TK41, the throw on the TK35 isn't even close to the TK41. It is really impressive.

Also, in regards to your post above about the run times on the SC600 in turbo...why would you rather have a light without turbo so that the run times are longer on paper? The light has six levels, some of them programmable. Why would you possibly need to leave it in turbo? Turbo is there for when you need it (not very often). I haven't used my TK21 or TK15 in months because they just don't have the low lows, or the high highs. They're still great lights, but I have other lights now that do it all without any compromises.

*edit* delete post. Re read earlier posting.