Budget Showerhead Mag Drop-in.

nicodimus22

Newly Enlightened
9 volts, eh? I just looked at my 4 D duracell alkalines, and they say 1.5 on them, so I guess right now I'm running on 6 volts. If I switched to nimh D's, I would be running at 4.8 volts (4 X 1.2) which is a little more than half of what you recommend. Sounds like the wrong way to go.

I already have plenty of nihm AAs, so 6 of them would be 7.2 volts (6 X 1.2.)

What if I ran 3 of the 2AA-D adapters with 1 of the AA-D adapters (7 AAs altogether?) Am I right in thinking that would give me 8.4 volts, which would be closest to 9 volts without going over?

Can anyone link me a 2AA-D adapter that is the series-type that would be best for this? I have found a couple of them, but they do not indicate series or parallel. Thanks again.

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
9 volts, eh? I just looked at my 4 D duracell alkalines, and they say 1.5 on them, so I guess right now I'm running on 6 volts. If I switched to nimh D's, I would be running at 4.8 volts (4 X 1.2) which is a little more than half of what you recommend. Sounds like the wrong way to go.

I already have plenty of nihm AAs, so 6 of them would be 7.2 volts (6 X 1.2.)

What if I ran 3 of the 2AA-D adapters with 1 of the AA-D adapters (7 AAs altogether?) Am I right in thinking that would give me 8.4 volts, which would be closest to 9 volts without going over?

Can anyone link me a 2AA-D adapter that is the series-type that would be best for this? I have found a couple of them, but they do not indicate series or parallel. Thanks again.
Just checked the voltage on several of my AA LSD cells and they are mainly between 1.34V and 1.36V with a couple down as low as 1.3V ... The on-load volts will drop a bit , but I think that six cells in series is good enough for my purposes ... I had all my convertors from ebay and they all seem to work fine ... You might need to look at the soldered connections just in case you need to solder any dry joints ... All mine were actually OK.

You might find that the NiMh cells have a lower internal resistance than the alkalines ...

You might also find that two 18650s would be better as there would only be four points of contact with the cells ... With seven cells there would be fourteen points of contact with the possibility of more added resistance ... Nevertheless , I still like to use six AA Eneloops in my 2D torch.

nicodimus22

Newly Enlightened
Just checked the voltage on several of my AA LSD cells and they are mainly between 1.34V and 1.36V with a couple down as low as 1.3V ... The on-load volts will drop a bit , but I think that six cells in series is good enough for my purposes ... I had all my convertors from ebay and they all seem to work fine ... You might need to look at the soldered connections just in case you need to solder any dry joints ... All mine were actually OK.

You might find that the NiMh cells have a lower internal resistance than the alkalines ...

You might also find that two 18650s would be better as there would only be four points of contact with the cells ... With seven cells there would be fourteen points of contact with the possibility of more added resistance ... Nevertheless , I still like to use six AA Eneloops in my 2D torch.

You're kinda speaking Greek to me. Are you saying that the 7-AA idea is bad?

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're kinda speaking Greek to me. Are you saying that the 7-AA idea is bad?
The voltage using 7 NiMh AAs should be OK , but there would be more contacts because there would be a lot of batteries to connect together ... Each contact would have its own amount of resistance to add ... I know that mine with six cells is OK , so seven might well be OK ... Just be aware that there might possibly be sufficient resistance to limit the current taken by the Fusion dropin ... Make sure that all your contacts are clean to minimise resistance ... I clean mine with pure alcohol and then wipe with Servisol Super 10 Contact Lubricant using a cotton wool bud.

It will not be expensive to buy three double and one single convertors , so give it a try ... You can compare the light with seven AAs and with four D cells ... Should be an interesting comparison.

nicodimus22

Newly Enlightened
Cool. The only thing now is to figure out which 2AA adapters are series and which are parallel so I can avoid em. Thanks!

gatorgofer

Newly Enlightened
The Fusion 36 has been conspicuously absent from E-Bay these last few weeks. Have the lights gone out at Fusion?

DaveG

Enlightened
The Fusion 36 has been conspicuously absent from E-Bay these last few weeks. Have the lights gone out at Fusion?
Noticed that also,I think they some times drop off to restock,at least I hope that is whats going on.

Deadshot11

Newly Enlightened
i've never seen 2aa-1d adapters where aa were wired in series,

Neither have I.

If nicodimus22 is still around, I'm running mine on 7aa with no problems. It's in a 3D, with two 3aa->D adapters, and one 1aa->D adapter. Nice bright and floody.

Slasher42

Newly Enlightened

Noticed that also,I think they some times drop off to restock,at least I hope that is whats going on.

I've been checking about once a week trying to buy a couple of these and no luck..... guess I can always go see if anyone bought extras and will sell on marketplace :/

Slasher42

Newly Enlightened

Ive been checking eBay for a couple weeks tryin to buy a this.... havent seen one... :(

Guess I'll have to see if anyone over at the CPFMP will sell an extra they have

Slasher42

Newly Enlightened

I have been trying to buy a couple of these for a few weeks now and never see them listed.... I really hope they aren't gone for good.
I guess I could go try and get one from the market place if anyone is willing to part with an extra they might have....

Slasher42

Newly Enlightened

I have been trying to buy a couple of these for a few weeks now and never see them listed.... I really hope they aren't gone for good.
I guess I could go try and get one from the market place if anyone is willing to part with an extra they might have....

Slasher42

Newly Enlightened
Wow I apologize for the Quadruple post up above... Either my internet connection or the forum was really messing up yesterday when I was trying to post that... I never saw it a single time and I waited 3-4 minutes... closed my browser and cleared cache and came back and still never saw my post.... then I check now and see all of them :(

Back on Topic.... Yeah the Fusion seems to be gone from ebay

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are selling six other LED items ... Click on one of these then ask a question about the Fusion 36..
I emailed them and this is the reply I had , so I suggest if anyone wants a dropin that they email the seller.

Dear march.brown,

Our eBay Store is maintaining recently.
Please leave your email address if hurry,
we will contact you sooner.
Thank you.

- sinounionechnologyld
I don't know exactly what they mean by "maintaining recently" but anyone wanting a Fusion 36 should leave an email request with them ... Obviously their English is considerably better than my knowledge of Mandarin (to me it's an orange thing that we have at Christmas).

Good Luck

Latest posts