C.Crane Chargers-Half Price

Al

Enlightened
Sent them an e-mail ... What means "...better than new"?

Spudman

Enlightened
Good question Al. Thanks for the heads up nikemboka. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

lhivernant

Newly Enlightened
Does this charger require charging pairs of batteries, or are singles and triples ok?

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
lhivernant said:
Does this charger require charging pairs of batteries, or are singles and triples ok?

[/ QUOTE ]
I've used one of these units for 4 years, and you can charge 1, 2, 3, or 4 cells at a time.
They must be the same type and capacity though.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
bald1 said:
Doug,

Good deal and I stand corrected /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Their FAQ makes it a little confusing.
--Bob

[/ QUOTE ]
Just wanted to clarify that. I'm always amazed at how the tech writers manage to leave out some of the most critical info.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Billson

Flashlight Enthusiast
If one battery is discharged more than the other will the charger detect this?

If it is a smart charger, will it charge all batteries to full capacity whether they are 1200mah or 2300mah?

Empath

Flashaholic
If one battery is discharged more than the other, they will equalize, since they're connected in parallel. The stronger cell will assist in charging the weaker, until they have an equal charge.

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ad writers do seen to skip over what they consider unimportant to them. The description of the charger says that CCrane, "received a shipment of imperfect QuickChargers." Imperfect? What was wrong with them? Then comes the part about "our lead technicians came up with a brilliant modification."

Huh? CCrane...tell me more...please?

I'm going to be a guinea pig too...I bought one. The price is right and I need a charger that charges individual cells. And if it does all it claims to do then it could be quite a bargain.

spica

Newly Enlightened
Another guinea pig here...bought one yesterday.
"Battery Type & Size - Charges 1-4 batteries at a time"

-spica

Phylor

Newly Enlightened
My "guess" as to what the "imperfect" part might be is that they used to have plastic posts that each of the 4 springs were attached to. These weren't strong enough and were susceptible to breaking. Many people reported this problem. Mine broke in this way and after sending it back for repair, the returned unit had metal hooks which were melted into place where the plastic posts had been. They looked plenty strong enough and I haven't had any problems with it since then. Perhaps these units have been retrofitted in this way.

Mark_Paulus

Enlightened
I've been using Maha Chargers (CF204 / CF 401-S), but decided it might be nice to have the flexibilty to handle Cs&Ds, so I bit.... And with the new EL 3toD v2, it might be nice to be able to handle 6 cells at once, instead of 4 & then 2.

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
this charger handles N-Cells too-with a spring to adjust the length /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

oldtimer

Enlightened
So it CAN charge one cell at a time? Is this better than the Maha 401 in any way?

Monolith

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
b2p said:
So it CAN charge one cell at a time? Is this better than the Maha 401 in any way?

[/ QUOTE ]

It can charge from 1 to 4 cells simultaneously. However, all cells are charged in parallel. They are not individually charged.

Latest posts