Calling all Quarks, Quark Lego Review (updated with Beamshots and OTF numbers)

NH Lumens

Enlightened
qta-7.jpg

My EDC light, QTA with QT2L-X Burst Mode head, AW IMR 14500 cell, deep carry pocket clip, DIY finger lanyard.

Astounding output in burst mode in an AA cell size package, though with limited (but adequate for my needs) run time. The original QTA head now resides on a 1L body with tactical tail cap, making it a lego QTLC.

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EDC light, QTA with QT2L-X Burst Mode head, AW IMR 14500 cell, deep carry pocket clip, DIY finger lanyard.

Astounding output in burst mode in an AA cell size package, though with limited (but adequate for my needs) run time. The original QTA head now resides on a 1L body with tactical tail cap, making it a lego QTLC.
This is the setup I use also.
One nice affect I like about this new driver is the soft mode changes. This light does not jump between outputs and has a graduated change. Ex. my Tactical is programmed for Medium and Maximum and exhibits a gradual more pleasing aesthetic change between modes.
GL

tonywalker23

Newly Enlightened
Can you elaborate? You click to change modes and instead of going straight to different output it "slides" like a house light with a round dimmer switch?

tonywalker23

Newly Enlightened
Cool! I had a few quarks a few years ago when going gear clearanced the ones with the old logo.
I looked on their site and didn't see anything mentioning the gradual change. Arevthere any markings etc on the newer ones with the gradual mode change?

How long of a slide is it to the different output?

Got Lumens?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool! I had a few quarks a few years ago when going gear clearanced the ones with the old logo.
I looked on their site and didn't see anything mentioning the gradual change. Arevthere any markings etc on the newer ones with the gradual mode change?

How long of a slide is it to the different output?
I first noticed this upon using the New Turbo lights that have the improved driver, Both the Pro and Tactical versions. I use a tactical interface with Med/Max settings, and went hugh. It's a timed transition(I'm guessing about 1/3 of a second). So from Moon or Low to Max it spans so much output you don't notice it. This could be the reason for not seeing it mentioned anywhere. But from Med or High to Max or in the Pro changing modes, it is definitely seen. I may be one of the first to notice and document it. I had health issues followed by a computer crash and lost all of my review content before I got to publish my review that included this.
GL