can the dorcy 3d 1w be modded?

lightmeup81

Newly Enlightened
was curious to see if the dorcy 3d 1w could be modded. i think u bin is what i may be looking for? 5w upgrade kind of thing. basicly make it a bright long throwing sucker. thanks guys

Troy

Last edited:
lightmeup81 said:
was curious to see if the dorcy 3d 1w could be modded. i think u bin is what i may be looking for? 5w upgrade kind of thing. basicly make it a bright long throwing sucker. thanks guys

Troy

Bypass the resistor. You'll get more output,

lightmeup81

Newly Enlightened
Handlobraesing said:
Bypass the resistor. You'll get more output,

bypassing the resistor on an 1w with 3d batt's wont cause the emitter to burn out? reason i ask is because it overloaded a 5w with the two 123's and burnt it out.

lightmeup81

Newly Enlightened
monolith what would you say the throw is on it since the mod. what is a wiz2 is there a place online that i can check this out along with the specs of the twoh star? thanks.

Monolith

Enlightened
lightmeup81 said:
monolith what would you say the throw is on it since the mod. what is a wiz2 is there a place online that i can check this out along with the specs of the twoh star? thanks.

Wiz2 from Sandwich Shoppe:

Wiz2 @ 937mA

Specs for a "T" flux with "WO" color and forward voltage Vf of "H" (TWOH) look here:

TWOH Specs

I've not had time to do a heads up comparison with a standard R bin. I'll try to do that.

lightmeup81 said:
bypassing the resistor on an 1w with 3d batt's wont cause the emitter to burn out? reason i ask is because it overloaded a 5w with the two 123's and burnt it out.

It shouldn't... Luxeon I and Luxeon III are almost identical so I hear and the Dorcy 3D is heatsinked VERY well.