• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Cerakote MORE PICS ADDED

benthiccracker

Enlightened
Cerakote 1st Run Edited

Dag nabbit! I forgot to ask. I am sorry. I am going to make a note to ask him about it. Data PM incoming! Pics added to first post.

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Cerakote 1st Run Edited

those photos look phenomenal!

thanks so much again for organizing this! I'm gonna get a 6P in school bus yellow next round for good measure :D

benthiccracker

Enlightened
Cerakote PICS ADDED

It's magical what a little black n white poster board can do! Your host is dropped off and it should be done in Ridgeway Blue real soon. I have a E series getting done in SOCOM blue also. DataLED's ARC turned out great and is on the way back now.

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Cerakote PICS ADDED

It's magical what a little black n white poster board can do! Your host is dropped off and it should be done in Ridgeway Blue real soon. I have a E series getting done in SOCOM blue also. DataLED's ARC turned out great and is on the way back now.

nice, i can't wait for pics!!! :)

edit: and to get mine back too lol

samuraishot

Enlightened
Re: Cerakote 1st Run Edited

Any plans on having white? My nephew would like to have his Peak Logan body in white.

benthiccracker

Enlightened
Cerakote PICS ADDED

Inbox cleared. Guys I will call the Cerakote guy tomorrow and ask about current parts being done and about white and yellow.

Rommul

Enlightened

Are the lights stripped before Cerkoting?

What about electrical cleanup after the coating?

Are the electrically relevant surfaces masked before coating?

When is the next run?

:)

benthiccracker

Enlightened

1)The lights are not stripped before being Cerakoted. They are mildly blasted.
2)I blow out media before the coating then after the parts are cured blow them again. There will be some leftover so I recommend they be cleaned and lubed thoroughly before use.
3)The electrically relevant surfaces are masked, covered, or plugged before being blasted and Cerakoted.
4)NOW
:grin2:

benthiccracker

Enlightened

ben what'd you find out about yellow?
I have another member wanting Yellow. So that is two of us and maybe me if I can find a host for it. He doesn't have that color but I could get him to order it if we have several hosts to do. I didn't ask about your Ridgeway today because I just mailed off his payment for the last hosts/parts that were done. If it doesn't come in the mail this week I will call for an update. I have my SOCOM Blue SF Backup there with yours so I am chompin at the bit myself. I hope I can catch the SOCOM Blue in my thread pics.

Last edited:

tobrien

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have another member wanting Yellow. So that is two of us and maybe me if I can find a host for it. He doesn't have that color but I could get him to order it if we have several hosts to do. I didn't ask about your Ridgeway today because I just mailed off his payment for the last hosts/parts that were done. If it doesn't come in the mail this week I will call for an update. I have my SOCOM Blue SF Backup there with yours so I am chompin at the bit myself. I hope I can catch the SOCOM Blue in my thread pics.
nice! I'd be up for yellow in this second run, or if i can't make it to the second, then the third

how close are you to the 20 for the second run being completed? I'd love to get a 6P setup I got coming from Oveready in schoolbus yellow.

no worries about my light, no real rush, i'd love to see how your SOCOM Blue turns out man!

benthiccracker

Enlightened

no one has sent any lights yet so not close at all. I think and hope people are just waiting to see results. Coming soon, if USPS would deliver the dayuum package.

samuraishot

Enlightened

no one has sent any lights yet so not close at all. I think and hope people are just waiting to see results. Coming soon, if USPS would deliver the dayuum package.

I'm quite sure that my nephew is pretty much set on getting his Logan body done in white. When he receives it, I'll contact him and let you know of any updates.