• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Cerakote MORE PICS ADDED

samuraishot

Enlightened
Just a question about return shipping. Do I go ahead and pay for the label, print it out, and include it with the parts? Or do I just send you the payment for the shipping? I'm just a little confused on what you mean by including a label and also sending payment for shipping. Thanks! :)

benthiccracker

Enlightened
Just a question about return shipping. Do I go ahead and pay for the label, print it out, and include it with the parts? Or do I just send you the payment for the shipping? I'm just a little confused on what you mean by including a label and also sending payment for shipping. Thanks! :)
PM sent

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys, to get the Yellow Cerakote ordered I need at least 5 hosts worth of parts. So far I have two and I might throw something in the mix so we need a couple more commitments and everything mailed in. Let me know what y'all think.
I might be willing to go in on this. It's hard to tell the exact color compared to School Bus yellow, as it looks almost the same, maybe a little bit lighter. The host would be a NovaTac. How much would it cost and would I have to disassemble it to its basic parts?

benthiccracker

Enlightened
I might be willing to go in on this. It's hard to tell the exact color compared to School Bus yellow, as it looks almost the same, maybe a little bit lighter. The host would be a NovaTac. How much would it cost and would I have to disassemble it to its basic parts?
Yes it would have to be gutted, no switches or LE or orings or lens. It would be same price as SF bezel, 3P body, and tail unless it is only a two peice light like body and tail. The prices are in the OP.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it would have to be gutted, no switches or LE or orings or lens. It would be same price as SF bezel, 3P body, and tail unless it is only a two peice light like body and tail. The prices are in the OP.
The main body of the NovaTac EDC is about 65mm long but can be broken down into two smaller pieces (not sure if that would be necessary), plus the tail cap. Bezel would be excluded. I'll have to see about a pair of snap ring pliers to tear it down all the way.

EDIT: Brian confirmed that the body needs to be broken down into its constituent parts. Total for the two body parts plus tail cap is $45 plus the return shipping. Count me conditionally in... I'm just trying to secure a set of snap ring pliers so I can disassemble it.

Last edited:

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I looked at the swatches on-line and school bus yellow looks pretty much the same as corvette yellow. School bus yellow is traditionally a darker yellow, which has a bit of orange mixed in. But there's a softer yellow with less orange in it called cadmium yellow, which I'd be fine with if that's what "corvette yellow" actually is. Brian, have you seen examples of both yellows first hand?

Last edited:

benthiccracker

Enlightened
The main body of the NovaTac EDC is about 65mm long but can be broken down into two smaller pieces (not sure if that would be necessary), plus the tail cap. Bezel would be excluded. I'll have to see about a pair of snap ring pliers to tear it down all the way.
EDIT: Brian confirmed that the body needs to be broken down into its constituent parts. Total for the two body parts plus tail cap is $45 plus the return shipping. Count me conditionally in... I'm just trying to secure a set of snap ring pliers so I can disassemble it.
Thank you for posting that. I had a hellacious weekend at work. I finally have time to do my enjoyable stuff!

I looked at the swatches on-line and school bus yellow looks pretty much the same as corvette yellow. School bus yellow is traditionally a darker yellow, which has a bit of orange mixed in. But there's a softer yellow with less orange in it called cadmium yellow, which I'd be fine with if that's what "corvette yellow" actually is. Brian, have you seen examples of both yellows first hand?
I have not seen the Yellows first hand. He actually has sample plates but I don't remember seeing those. I will ask next time I can get down there. I am hoping some of the other guys will chime in on their choice in Yellow. As soon as I have 5 host or parts adding up to 5 hosts I can get the color selected ordered.

samuraishot, PM sent.

Fellas, if you are on the fence now is the time to decide. I would like to get the parts/hosts sent to the Cerakote by the end of the week. Please reply by Tuesday if you have stuff in the mail.

cbdudley

Enlightened
I am sending a Malkoff MD2 to you this week. Do you have enough people to do a batch in yellow? If not, than I will go with orange.

benthiccracker

Enlightened
I am sending a Malkoff MD2 to you this week. Do you have enough people to do a batch in yellow? If not, than I will go with orange.
I just called my Cerakote guy. I can get him to order the Schoolbus Yellow or the Safety Orange if we have 5 hosts/ or parts that equal that. I am willing to throw something in, so if you have a host and xevious has a host that would be three.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was just waiting to see if anyone else has interest enough to bring the total to 5, then I'd send mine off to you. It'd be a bummer if I send it and there's not enough interest, leaving me without my light for a couple of months. :ironic:

cbdudley

Enlightened
If there is not enough interest right now for either yellow or orange, what other colors would be available without waiting?

benthiccracker

Enlightened
mostly gun colors because he is a custom rifle builder. I got him to order Zombie Green because I had interest for it. Colors I know he has in stock are: SOCOM Blue, Hidden White, Zombie Green, OD Green, Several shades of black, tan, and green, Ridgeway Blue. I know he has other colors but I am not sure what else. I sent some PMs today regarding Schoolbus Yellow so hopefully they will be answered.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I imagine not too many people are keen on having a yellow or orange rifle. :duh2:

Btw Brian, I discovered that I have a 17670 tube for my NovaTac. If I include that, could it be considered another count toward the total hosts?

benthiccracker

Enlightened
Everyone who wants Schoolbus Yellow send your hosts and all parts ASAP. I will get it ordered. Hidden White is available for anyone wanting a different light color besides Yellow.

cbdudley

Enlightened
Mine should be in the mail today or tomorrow depending on the weather. Schoolbus Yellow will be fine if you can't do Orange.

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brian, I ran into a major snag with my NovaTac. The snap ring on the head won't come off. Close examination with high magnification revealed that NovaTac soldered and glued it in place (unlike the tail cap snap ring, which I removed rather easily). I couldn't believe it. Frustrating as all hell.

Anyway, I was able to easily disassemble my Olight M20. I would like to send this instead. Will that work?