• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired (CLOSED) 2Nd run 1D M*G+4AA to D BATTERY HOLDER+AXIAL 4 VOLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbird

Enlightened
I had been running this light on Sanyo 2700s and it was a so-so light. I just installed Enloop 2000 and the difference is stunning. I wonder if the sanyos were bad but this is a very nice light now.

The Enloops were made in June and I put them in without charging and WOW.

Nebula

Enlightened
Redbird - I have the S/2700s and just picked up six new e-loops. I will give them a shot and see if I can duplicate your results. Thanks for the heads up. Kirk

redbird

Enlightened
Nebula said:
Redbird - I have the S/2700s and just picked up six new e-loops. I will give them a shot and see if I can duplicate your results. Thanks for the heads up. Kirk

So, Nebula
Have you tried them out? Were you able to duplicate my results?

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I got a hot driver KIU from AWR, and pumping up an 1166 now with 4x14500's (unprotected). It is the baby brother of the Litho 1166 with 8x14500 (protected) I just got working.

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast

Found some time to turn this light into the 900L light Here by purchasing a spare 7.2 volt 2s2p 14670 battery holder for overdriving the Wa1111 bulb.

Had to use a dremel to file the tailcap and battery holder a little as well as shortning the tail-cap spring a little. Did a double spring mod on the tail-cap and bulbs PR also on both my lights. No blown bulbs hot off the charger on either unit. Very bright. My two most used hotwires :)

Pics to follow...

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Nice work Lips! These are both great 1D lights, and although my using this with 4x14500 (750 mAh) driving the 1166 for about the same output, your setup has a longer run time with the larger 4x14670 (1100 mAh) cells driving the 1111 bulb...especially with 2s2p setup.

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fivemega,
Can we have another run of these? This was the best of the best when it came to 1D mags! The crosshatch machining and the tailcap charger port were the best!

Does someone want to sell me theirs?

Status
Not open for further replies.