• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired *CLOSED*: Modified MagAA Reflectors for HDs

vacuum3d

Enlightened
Re: *COMPLETED*: Modified MagAA Reflectors for HDs

darkzero,
I want to be in line for a couple of pairs please if you're gonna make more.

thx,
ernest

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
*MORE INTEREST??*: Modified MagAA Reflectors

I guess I will do another small batch if there's enough interest. Either way I'll get you guys all covered. H00D were you interested too?

Since I gonna be busy with the other reflectors these will be a couple of weeks if I do anything more than a small batch. Don't worry these won't delay the MagC/D reflectors progress. I'll post status updates here.

240zman

Newly Enlightened

darkzero,
Put me down for 2pr SM/OP
Once again, thanks!

Brian

H00D

Newly Enlightened

Yes thanks Darkzero, one combo pair for me please...
any chance of getting the big end cut down so it can
replace the optic in my LSH ?

I think to do it both small and big ends need to be cut down..The question is how much of the big end must come off to let it fit the diameter of the LSH and at that point is it still deep enough to do any good..

Of course it would cost more...let me know if you think its possible..

thanks
stan

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
*More Interest?*: Modified MagAA Reflectors

stan, I've never tried to modify one yet to fit a LSH but I have thought about it. I would try it but I simply don't have the time to do it right now (need to work on MagC/D reflectors first) and I don't have very many MM reflectors to play with. I may try it in the future and will let you know if I'm successful.

Thanks

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
I just checked my remaining inventory and all I have left is icarus' pairs, drs2000's pairs, hideo's pair, & one pair of SM/OP "seconds".

I have not heard from drs since he requested for what he wanted but it seems he hasn't been on CPF for about a month. I will hold his for a little while longer and go from there.

For the others remaining on the waiting list, I have just ordered enough reflectors for you guys. I'll post an update here when they arrive and when they are finished. I won't be making anymore of these for a while, not until after I finish my sputtered C/D reflectors.

Thanks

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
SOLD: Pair of \"Seconds\" Modified Reflectors

If anyone is interested I have 1 pair of "second" SM/OP for sale. The SM has one very small knick at the base of the reflector and the OP has a few small blemishes. None of the marks afect the beam whatsoever and when they're installed in the head you'll barely notice them. This pair will not include the o-ring that I have included with everyone else's orders. If needed the o-ring size is noted on the installation sheet that will be included.

SOLD $3.50 shipped US/Canada. Paypal (cash) preferred.

aa-reflectors_seconds.jpg

thx

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Got mine Monday. Smooth works great. Seems to be low enough to allow a small focused hotspot. OP just floods. Maybe the head does need grinding down to get reflector lower.

Bill

H00D

Newly Enlightened
Darkzero - Roger that..I'm going to try to mod one of the ones I'm getting too... I'll use a friends paypal tomorrow as my PP acount wont be set up for another week..going to set up a new bank account for PP use.

thanks

stan

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
[ QUOTE ]
Bullzeyebill said:
Got mine Monday. Smooth works great. Seems to be low enough to allow a small focused hotspot. OP just floods. Maybe the head does need grinding down to get reflector lower.

Bill

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill, if the smooth works fine without shaving the head, the OP should work fine too. Does the beam of the OP look anything like the beamshots I posted in the initial post of this thread? Please note the distances of where the beamshots were taken.

Remember, if you decide to grind, it won't hurt to try since you can always focus the head back out.

Thanks

240zman

Newly Enlightened
darkzero,
I will take these "seconds" pair off your hands also.
Just let me know where to send pp.
Thanks

Brian

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Luu, 240zman (seconds have been shipped), vacuum3d & springr I just got more of the reflectors in. I'm almost done with my first batch of MagC/D sputtered reflectors and as soon as I am, I will start on these while I'm waiting for the next batch of reflectors to arrive. You may send payment now or when they are finished. I will post updates here.

Thx

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
utomatoe, got you down for one pair. Just making sure, you want both in the pair sputtered? Remember, the sputtered do not throw as far as smooth.

I might have enough to take care of you with the batch I just got. I will know after the weekend.

thx

utomatoe

Enlightened
Yup, a pair sputtered. I'm gonna "try" and make a smooth one myself with a dremel and hopefully not destroy the reflector in the process... Any tips?

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
**UPDATE**

240zman, vacuum3d, springnr, I will be working on these Sunday and they should all ship out Monday just as long as it doesn't rain here on Sunday (can't sputter/paint in cold/moist weather).
utomatoe, I should have a pair for you but I'll confirm after I get the others done just to make sure. I will let you know on Sunday.

Thanks

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
**UPDATE**

I've got all the SMs done and just need to finish the OPs today. Looks like I should have enough for utomatoe and ace. I'll let you two know later today. I should be able to get these out today but no promises.

thx

Latest posts