Closest thing to EA4w with 18650?

markr6

Flashaholic
I just ordered an Eagletac S200C2; been contemplating this for a long time. I'm looking forward to comparing it to my EA4w.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

holygeez03

Enlightened
Right now I am strongly considering the EagTac MX25L3 MT-G2... Based on what I have read, the MT-G2 emitter is at least somewhat more towards the neutral spectrum and the output looks amazing... I have also considered the SX25L3 for its smaller size and neutral XM-L2 offering... but for the money, the MX25L3 is looking good... I'll be watching for a sale on the non-kit version since I don't think I will have any need for that.

holygeez03

Enlightened
After seeing some more of the comments, and hearing more of what you are looking for, I still think you should consider the Nitecore TM11. It has a rated range of 400m instead of your 283m, its max lumens is 2500 instead of 860, and it uses one to four 18650 cells (one to three cell use is only recommended for emergencies). It is approx. the same size as a soda can, and comes with a nice belt holster that is actually useable. It is about as big as one would want to go as a belt carry, but it does work. Battery Junction currently has one with the XM-L T5 in Neutral White for $199.95 USD, about three times the price of the EA4W. I have both, and they are both very nice lights

Although I have never seen one in person, the TM series seems like it would be bigger than I want.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although I have never seen one in person, the TM series seems like it would be bigger than I want.

I'm not arguing for the TM lights...you have made it pretty clear you think they are too large for you. Just for reference, though:

IMG_20130413_022413.jpg

That is the TM26, not the TM11. The 11 is in fact a little bit shorter, but the battery compartment is exactly the same. Gives you a good idea what to expect.

holygeez03

Enlightened
I appreciate your input and examples... but I am fairly certain that a 4x18650 light is bigger than I want... $200 is also more than I want to spend on a light that I can't bring everywhere with me... and I also like the idea of the MX25L3 rotary selector and instant turbo. Plus, I don't have any lights with a MT-G2 emitter. The MX is even a little bigger than my initial desire, but probably necessary in order to get the significant beam upgrade I am looking for. I also like the SX25, but it's almost the same price as the MX.

I'm still deciding between the Neutral SX25 (size) and MX25 (output) while I watch prices.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered the SupFire M6 from Mountain Electronics. 4x18650 and 3xXM-L2 T6-3C emitters (Mod. 2 option).

About $80 before shipping and a quad of Samsung 25R button tops.

While it's a bit top heavy, it's more of a Red Bull can size vs. a soup/beer can size light. Should be narrower than my SWM D40A, which has a 39mm head, IIRC.

59mm head diameter, 55mm at the tail and 133mm long.

Chris