Coleman Max Cree 2xAA runtime and beamshots

damn_hammer

Enlightened
K Labs, nice mod. Was it difficult swapping the reflector out? Mine developed a flicker, so might have to take it apart. Share any tricks you've got please.

These things are hard to find. I've been looking for over a year, at various Walmarts near me, and never see them. Where I purchased the one I now have is several hours drive away ... got it during a camping trip. Might have to go camping there again!

K_Labs

Newly Enlightened
It's not really easy to get them anymore. Apparently they were made specifically for Walmart. They are even out of stock online. http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10196613

No tricks really just alot of measuring. The reflector needed some shaving because of the hex. I just used a razor blade because I couldn't find my dremmel. A massive heat sink helps out alot and a little bit off the top so the heatsink has more contact with the body. I mounted it 2 my gun last night. Recoil testing tomorrow!

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Was looking for stuff to sale at garage sale last night. Looked at Coleman Max Cree 2AA against Inova Bolt 2AA.

Inova push/twist - Coleman Click

Inova not as bright - Coleman bright and good beam

Inova sold. Coleman still here.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry to bring a thread from the distant past, but my tail cap switch just died on My Coleman Max 2aa, so that it is always on, the only way to shut it off is to unscrew the tailcap switch. It was my first LED flashlight and I have had it for many years and it has always been reliable, until now. Does anyone have any ideas how I can make this fully functional again?

Its the one in this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcFL4tXxn8k

Edit....I tried taking apart the tail switch to see it I could clean it....in summary, its broken beyond repair... :poof:

Last edited: