Cool Little Pencil LED light

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brandon,

I believe the led light your are describing is the led lenser. We saw them at the shot show in Las Vegas. German design, but manufactured 100% in China. What is unique about Lenser is the optics; they use optical Glass instead of plastics for the lens;

The owner of Led Lenser is of course German and could easily been mistaken as Capt Jon luc Picard of Star Trek. Product line itself is (was) distributed by Coast Cutlery. Note, besides their own line of procucts, Coast is the US distributor of PUMA knives.

I would guess that Led Lenser has 25-30 different model's to choose from... One that looks much just like a pen. They have another that is the size of a cigarette 3 1/2 - 4 inches in length, and the batteries the equivalent of 5 grains of rice end to end (yes, the batteries are no more that 1/8" in diameter... 1" in lenght.

All in all, preety interesting line of lights.. lot of "oh" factor, some very unique..

KT, they do the Eddie Bauer lights

B@rt

Flashaholic
Thanks Joe.

Here is the url for the Led-Lenser: Zweibrueder
v16.jpg

Bart

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I know what he is talking about, I saw one in a outdoor shop in London for 18 pounds. It uses two of those fishing lure batteries and a white LED. So basically a double length Eddie bower light. I think the capacity of those special hard to find batteries are 50mah. Which is pretty low. I think a Photon or ARC would be a better choice for the price.

v16_160.gif

arab

Enlightened
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> CaveDave said
I think the capacity of those special hard to find batteries are 50mah. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have one of the tiny Cigarette-sized red LED lights - It also uses these little batteries. Mine lasted about 1 hour before dying - quite a difference from the 20 hour life claimed! I emailed the Zweibrueder people and asked them for replacement batteries, but they only sold to trade. I then checked the DigiKey catalogue. They have them but the cost of shipping them to Ireland would be frightening (Why is it that European shipping from the States is normally soooooo expensive?). Check their site at http://info.digikey.com/T013/V5/722.pdf - the battery is at the very end of the page, specifications summarised here:
50mAh battery, size BR435, type is "pin", 3 volt 50 mAh, 4.2mm Diameter X 35.9mm height.

The question is:
Where is the best place to get these if you live in Europe???

Please help, I've got a lovely gadget light that is going to stay in my drawer forever unless I can feed it!

Empath

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by arab:
Please help, I've got a lovely gadget light that is going to stay in my drawer forever unless I can feed it!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

According to the Radio Shack battery finder, they're not available at Radio Shack stores nor their online stores. It does claim you can purchase the batteries by calling 1-800-THE-SHACK, and asking for part number 960-1131 . Price is something like $13.29.

Mr Ted Bear

Flashlight Enthusiast
arab,

the battereies are $2 for a set(?). email [email protected] (just called them, so she is expecting your email, also they take visa and mc, and no problem to ireland)

FYI Zwweibxxxxs is the parent company that designs the Led Lenser lights (lights are made in China) Coast Cutlery is the US distributor

Another problem solved....

arab

Enlightened
Mr Ted Bear said:
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> arab,
the battereies are $2 for a set(?). email [email protected] (just called them, so she is expecting your email, also they take visa and mc, and no problem to ireland)

FYI Zwweibxxxxs is the parent company that designs the Led Lenser lights (lights are made in China) Coast Cutlery is the US distributor

Another problem solved....
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

THANKS!!! My email is on the way.

arab

Enlightened
Thanks Mr Ted Bear!

I came home this evening and found the batteries for my torch waiting for me. I did a deal with them for $9.95 - I got 3 batteries including shipping to Dublin, Ireland! My "cigarette" light is now shining brightly again.

Kind Regards,
Alan Rabbitte

dieKleinste.jpg