Corona Virus... the second wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaneA

Newly Enlightened
PCR tests and rapid tests are equally effective, but still, after a positive rapid test result, it is worth taking an extensive PCR test!!!At our work, we did express tests every 2 weeks for all employees, one employee showed a positive result, and when the PCR test was passed, the result was negative. when two employees showed a positive result, we were immediately sent home to remote work, connected to www.worktime.com and other similar programs for remote monitoring of work. And while we are working at home, we are still tested every two weeks, and employees who have been ill are tested for antibodies to the virus.
:goodjob::goodjob:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't want to get into that too much. Like I said her Twitter over the last few years was interesting.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

"...called a number of hospitals near Doering's hometown" Well, this neither validates or invalidates her story. It does raise a good point about lazy journalism though. I've seen many cases where news editors simply scrape the 'net for stories rather than spending the time to research and confirm them. I can't say whether her story is true, although honestly I'd prefer that it wasn't. It pains me to think that someone could be denying that they have Covid while taking their last breaths because of it.

markr6

Flashaholic
It pains me to think that someone could be denying that they have Covid while taking their last breaths because of it.

I'd bet some are actually hardcore deniers enough to believe it. The other half could be so jacked up on drugs, exhausted, tired of hospital food and isolation for play mind games to kick in. Just not fair to go out like that.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still makes no sense to me why people would be denying they have COVID and screaming for "a miracle drug" (which is probably referencing a certain drug a certain man once said had promising results.) if they didn't even believe they had COVID to begin with.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Still makes no sense to me why people would be denying they have COVID and screaming for "a miracle drug" (which is probably referencing a certain drug a certain man once said had promising results.) if they didn't even believe they had COVID to begin with.
Don't underestimate the power of cult figures, which is frankly what the person you're referring to is. The neighbor of a friend of mine passed away, not from covid, but from drinking bleach and isopropyl alcohol. I'll give you three guesses where he got that idea from.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they don't believe they have COVID why would they want magic medicine to fight COVID? That's the only answer I want.

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
People die all the time of things they could change but don't care enough to do anything about. Smoking, heavy drinking, drug abuse, obesity, etc. No one disputes these things are absolutely lethal and kill hundreds of thousands a year and cause health problems for millions more and yet tens of millions of people do them on the daily. Why would we expect people to go significantly out of their way to avoid something with a relatively low lethality compared to those things?

I'm Not supporting that attitude but sometimes I'm surprised how surprised you guys are at how people respond to this.

Empath

Flashaholic
"Corona Virus... the second wave"

Just a reminder that this thread deals with a particular theme.

A whole bunch of posts, that followed this post have been removed.
The next step will be a bit more severe.

Take it to the Underground, or someone else's board.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
3-A559955-C7-F1-49-D6-B40-B-BC4-CDDA2801-A.jpg

Poppy

Flashaholic
This morning I saw on the news that the "White House Corona Task Force" gave a dire warning to the states. They recommended that if you are over 65 or have significant health problems you should not enter an indoor public area if people are without a facial covering. Don't go food shopping indoors, instead have it delivered.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/02/politics/white-house-coronavirus-task-force-states-report/index.html

Additionally:
"If you are under 40, you need to assume you became infected during the Thanksgiving period if you gathered beyond your immediate household. Most likely, you will not have symptoms; however, you are dangerous to others and you must isolate away from anyone at increased risk for severe disease and get tested immediately. If you are over 65 or have significant medical conditions and you gathered outside of your immediate household, you are at a significant risk for serious COVID infection; if you develop any symptoms, you must be tested immediately as the majority of therapeutics work best early in infection," the reports say

turbodog

Flashaholic
We saw our highest daily numbers today, ever. And they are ~25% above the last peak (which was a week ago). Maybe some people had thanksgiving weekend before last as it's still a little early for numbers to pop from thanksgiving's official date.

Governor has been talking surge, but according to the numbers we are still in the beginning stages. Don't think we are nearly as far along that curve as he imagines.

Tomorrow will tell if today was a fluke. The lines at the er/icu do not give warm fuzzies.

I believe more questions are better than fewer questions.
I believe more science is better than less science.
I believe more answers are better than no answers.
I believe more discussion is better than less discussion.

Video removed due to politically controversial content beyond the scope of this board.

Last edited by a moderator:

raggie33

*the raggedier*
do to health reason i had to hail a cab the other day im halfway home and notice the driver was maskless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts