Coronavirus - II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
If folks remember back what seems like an eternity in todays instant access world a couple months back the US government made deals with a few companies to make millions upon millions of doses of the recipe they were currently using in trials so that when one (or more) prove to be good to go there will be a train car load already available for distribution. My state has begun to ramp up a process to get them to those at the front line and the vulnerable community. They are using $20 million from the CARES act money that was set aside for this point in time.

Something called operation Warp Speed put in place a lot of processes and procedures in an unprecidented effort to have a shot available to a large segment of the American population by Christmas 2020. Unfortuneatly noises from political spin doctors on the two opposing sides of a debate in America have drowned out the real information while trying to credit or blame the other side of the political spectrum.
In America even milk and cereal has become politisized. But the day a shot is deemed approved for use there are somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 million doses ready to roll from various pharmecutical companies. Will it be ready by Christmas? Next spring? Will Americans opt to get the shot? Will governors require citizens to take the shot?
Stay tuned.

Remember folks, there are large numbers in America who refuse to vaccinate their kids for the stuff most of us were inoculated for in grade school. Some jokingly call them Mercury Moms as the main critisizm is vaccines cause autism. Some have not forgotten the swine flu debacle from 1975/76 where bad doses or live virus got out and some were killed by the cure for the disease. Some don't trust anything approved by orange man, some do not trust anything approved by big brother nanny state. It should be no surprise that a bunch of polls show Americans saying "hellnaw" the a brand new shot for a brand new virus. It aint like they're passing out the new iPhone SE or a pack of sugar free gum. It's kinda scarey to think a company that puts out a miracle pill for an ailment whose side affects potentially "the ailment it is supposed to cure"……or "in rare cases" internal bleeding, heart failure or other dreadful things. Anti depressants that may cause suicidal thoughts? Skin rash medicine that may cause skin rash? And they're going to inject their new great recipe in me? Dawg gone right some are baulking at the idea.

Stay 6 feet apart, wash your hands, cover your face in crowds or near people, keep your social circle small and……wait for it…… don't……touch……your face.

Last edited:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
"How widely can Pfizer and BioNTech's vaccine be used, given its taxing storage requirements?
Before any vaccine can start being rolled out, manufacturers have to be able to produce enough doses and get the vaccine where it needs to go. As it stands, the vaccine that currently seems poised to make it across the finish line first is also the one that will be the most difficult to put into use, if clinical trials show it is effective.

Pfizer and BioNTech's candidate, which uses messenger RNA technology, must be shipped and stored at -70 Celsius.

The drug maker developed its own thermal shipping boxes that can hold up to 5,000 doses for up to 10 days. But the containers should not be opened more than twice a day and should not remain open for more than one minute at a time."

The boxes need dry ice to keep cold — 23 kilograms of dry ice pellets, to be precise, which must be replenished within 24 hours after the shipper is first opened, and then five days after.

This is far more complex than standard vaccine distribution. And if it's not done properly, there could be enormous waste of limited doses.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I'm more concerned about the large numbers of people who say they won't get the vaccine. If at least 70% to 80% aren't vaccinated, the virus will continue to circulate. My only hope is large numbers of work places, as well as schools, require vaccination as a precondition to returning to the office or classrooms. In theory the government has the power to force people to get vaccinated, but I would really rather we don't go down that road.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
All this crazy stuff makes me wonder if any of us even exist . you can't prove to me any if this exist . I could just be part of some video game. Now I'm working on the reset switch .this world is so damn awful we are heading to a recession we can't go to the store with out a mask loved ones are dieng . jobs are being replaced by auto check out computers and robots. The murder Hornets will kill are bees .. Nothing ever good happens . I was afraid to leave the house before covid .now I don't leave at all I use Amazon fresh to get food but its so costly and dang spell check always changes my words its never ever once right..and I'm out of mask anyways

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
All this crazy stuff makes me wonder if any of us even exist . you can't prove to me any if this exist . I could just be part of some video game. Now I'm working on the reset switch .this world is so damn awful we are heading to a recession we can't go to the store with out a mask loved ones are dieng . jobs are being replaced by auto check out computers and robots. The murder Hornets will kill are bees .. Nothing ever good happens . I was afraid to leave the house before covid .now I don't leave at all I use Amazon fresh to get food but its so costly and dang spell check always changes my words its never ever once right..and I'm out of mask anyways

But this world also has Flashlights! and Musical instruments, and little packets of seeds that hardly cost anything that can fill your garden with flowers, so it`s not ALL bad ;)

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I'm more concerned about the large numbers of people who say they won't get the vaccine. If at least 70% to 80% aren't vaccinated, the virus will continue to circulate. My only hope is large numbers of work places, as well as schools, require vaccination as a precondition to returning to the office or classrooms. In theory the government has the power to force people to get vaccinated, but I would really rather we don't go down that road.

The governor of my state has already said it's a mandatory thing. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out as Mercury moms, tin hat types and don't tread on me folks enter the fray. For now there'll be some placed at the front of the line for obvious reasons but as more and more doses become available it will certainly be a different situation. They know a lot about the citizens now so it's getting harder and harder to stay off their radar if you are an anti-shot person. Will it be an offense that brings jail time to say no? Big $ fine? We'll see.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I for one hope a vaccine is developed that has the following characteristics:
  1. Safe
  2. Effective
  3. Confers long-term immunity
  4. Thoroughly and credibly tested

(1) and (2) are basic requirements of any vaccine. (3) may prove challenging in the face of a virus undergoing evolution before our eyes and the seemingly brief natural immunity that survivors are demonstrating. (4) may prove similarly challenging in the face of the ... confidence ... gap Americans are experiencing with regards to their government and the medical establishment.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Or... they could just make a load of `Darwin Awards` for them! :D

Let all the sensible people have the vaccine, and let Mother Nature sort out all the wack jobs ;)
Let me tell you THIS!
I am NOT going to be first in line to get the vaccine!

Due to the urgency, these vaccines are being pushed forward much faster/sooner than other drugs that come out onto the market. "Warp Speed" Faster than the speed of light! These are projected to be injected into people only months after the virus was first discovered. Drugs typically go through years of tests, and trials before being released as safe and effective. Yet after years on the market there are often multi-billions of dollars of law-suits filed due to disastrous side effects.

I'd label those who are willing to be first in line "test subjects".

markr6

Flashaholic
I'd label those who are willing to be first in line "test subjects".

I would be game. I actually looked into this to see if there was some kind of signup, but left with more questions than answers and just gave up.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I would be game. I actually looked into this to see if there was some kind of signup, but left with more questions than answers and just gave up.
A very good friend of mine in his late 60's has blinded faith in the medical establishment, and he too wants to sign up as a test subject. He asked both of his doctors and each said... "Go for it!" Of note: neither of them are signing up.

I explained to him that there will be a control group... a group of people who do NOT get the actual shot, but will think that they did. Even their doctor will not know. His response was something along the lines of... "well, that's not fair."

Poppy

Flashaholic
Except where such beliefs bring harm either directly or indirectly to others ;)
Katherine,
In the 1400's and 1500's people in England could be labeled a "Heretic" (non-believer) and could be beheaded, or burned at the stake for their religious belief. Depending upon who was King, or Queen and what his, or her belief was at the time, people had to change their belief, or risk death.

When the Founding Fathers of the US declared independence from England, and wrote our Constitution, religious Freedom, Freedom of speech, and the Right to keep and bear Arms, and others, were added shortly there after.

I don't know the laws of other states, but here in New Jersey, one may invoke a religious objection to vaccination, and the government may allow the student enter school, but in the event of an outbreak, the school system can deny admittance. Those who are not vaccinated may have to quarantine.

I don't follow this issue closely, but I believe that there is sufficient anecdotal evidence that Autism may be related to some childhood vaccinations, and or the mercury preservative that is in the multi-dose bottles. Who's right? No one knows for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts