Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppy

Flashaholic
There's no more corona around here.

I read that it will stay on Stainless Steel for 3 days.
They were wrong... it lasted less than an hour!

AcJCfVMo68f2gkBiUYorqtwAK6f7hiulCr3tWp5e6Vr0dgyCt66aUUcbtgqdwrmlcSDfmCENfCbmbmdBdnBeVHinQFayCy0sStUb9PfXWyPNYEccanuZsme-Dtjp0dpIp7eAQFC97f6o1GYE5I8ojJxpjXcubIeQCt4aebpJ9mC4JeAuk3f5TpCeWnm8Q5dcPP03V_6oWQWEnFfZ2R_ARyHmHeS4JX8DQY7F8D-8eBWqngiho_EG8dQ3DAPb6e75v0h9apKxpoABOV3YV8HdMhb0l8w4_82bhZuUOQ5MBxyrAua_auY7i-cXYKTkJ0I8WkQsm8Kj9Eo7mhfLHcPybHLP0gLGJQZWq3kky7Ucl56lZgGLDgaRhM96MAodv5TClhVpXz1n1Hkex7OqbAjLk3JMaUC59HsKja8MRv0g-eLLDZFZWAqNiskTMg9R6Z6PRYMoftxnuasGrZ-tZ7Tr7l8PUXQIlgvTwzZaScW1q6oaveH3KOwMrAMMYfYidGI7ZZP6Op2zSlvzrXcN8PTXsYEg87trufdsQ_amjsxmt8gYmqFvJTY_NUzA_RLSnVT0EpnoBh0FpBAdLHQN0EHp8oC43svjM-ukxXZuNQB5eP3cm86aLP83jQEfdr3SvTXPMIPqRCgU2Lk1DkHus2lz79vZUeVOeqeZ0ShJ63_NurXM6eXEua4Ja_MGiMEo=w568-h757-no

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pandemics For Dummies!

If you are still unsure as to why Countries are being locked down because of COVID19 then please take a few minutes to watch the below video, it explains the reasons in simple terms that even i can understand! :twothumbs

Last edited:

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can't say I saw any muggings.

I sincerely hope this continues. But as the pandemic runs its course, conditions will worsen and we're nowhere near the worst of it in SoCal.

Time will tell. If you were old enough to be affected by the '92 LA Riots you know what I mean...

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Pandemics For Dummies!

See post #93; those who didn't want to get it at the start of the month don't get it now..

If you were old enough to be affected by the '92 LA Riots you know what I mean...

But more recently, it's the same place that organizes free yoga classes during fires. It's not the wealthy places you have to worry about..

Roadway construction is carrying on like normal as the workers try to practice that whole socialized distance thing.

Why stand in line at the time clock, when you can stand in boxes (management spent all day taping boxes all over our warehouse, the break room tables, the areas around desks, etc.)
fU0rf3Q.jpg

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
But more recently, it's the same place that organizes free yoga classes during fires. It's not the wealthy places you have to worry about..

Not sure how this applies to the lessons learned from the '92 LA Riots, but we experienced increased crime throughout the San Gabriel Valley. Here's hoping it doesn't come to that. But any decent BCP will have steps to mitigate this risk.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Thanks for that video Dave.
The tale of two cities was my favorite portion. I mean, I liked the whole thing, but did appreciate the two cities part and would like to see that story (or similar) be told more often. Especially to those who are going stir crazy right now.

Actually Star, my cubicle is disguised as a 310hp Ford F-150 super cab 4x4 with a company provided maintenance card and fuel card. 10k towing capacity and some cool features from the Raptor truck. They sent me an email with an options sheet and I checked what I thought would help me do the job best. But that aint the best part. I get to watch giant Tonka Toys build stuff like cranes, big ole pavement eaters or earth diggers. And the best part is I get to tell 300 pound gorilla sized workers "I don't know how to do your job but my book says you're doing it wrong". I don't though. I play the role of teacher as much as inspector. I get sent to tough assignments to be part of the solution after problems arise. Now wearing a plastic hat on my head and plastic bag over my body in summer is a drag at times, sure. Yet there are about 100 days a year when office dwellers whine they are stuck indoors that I smell like sunscreen when I have to visit them. So the days they are whining that 74 is too cold indoors I'm walking around looking like Randy from Christmas story remembering how hot it is going to be in 6 months.

And right now we are all laughing and joking about this whole pandemic thing while taking it as serious as a heart attack. Each day we thank the Lord above that nobody we know has been affected by it (so far).

Last edited:

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep a bottle of hand sanitizer in vehicle and do the same routine at gas stations. Pump handles, grocery store basket handles, as well ATMs gotta be a breeding grounds for all kinds of bacteria

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here in NorCal we're on day 3 of a two week lock-down. Too early to tell, but so far I am not hearing of any home robberies, or looting incidents. However, local National Guard has been called to duty on stand -by status in case all hell breaks loose in the cities. We got til Apr 3rd, so anything could happen yet, especially down in lalaland SoCal

This is a good wake up call for many unprepared folks

Days like this I am glad to be located a safe distance from any chaos in big cities

P_A_S_1

Flashlight Enthusiast
At the least I hope this encourages people to be more hygienically minded and maintain better practices for the long term. I guess we'll see once this is over how long that lasts. Most of what everyone is doing now should have been common practice. Here the MTA has been sanitizing all high touch/common areas every 72 hours, something they should have been doing anyway with a daily ridership of millions.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
Not sure how this applies to the lessons learned from the '92 LA Riots, but we experienced increased crime throughout the San Gabriel Valley. Here's hoping it doesn't come to that. But any decent BCP will have steps to mitigate this risk.
I covered the 92 LA riots, and it was just crazy. There were some nice parts of town that got hit, plus they burned Samy's Camera on Melrose. Samy's was in a very nice part of town. It was exciting though, I had three Nikon F4 cameras and two hundred rolls of both chromes and Color Neg., and I think the first Motorola flip phone, the putty colored ones.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.