Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Retro,

Please check credible news sources, the elderly, and young children are the most vulnerable, not only to come down with the virus but also have it terminal. Also, it was reported that officials are worried about nursing, and retirement homes.

Right now, there is quite a bit of the sky is falling...is sells soap.

Forget the American TV networks, and all cable news. Check the Assoicated Press.

Dont worry too much.

Best,

RedLED

I agree with RedLED. Trust info from the WHO rather than politicians. Some cable news info is credible but all of it is overhyped to sell eyeballs to advertisers.

Speaking of the WHO, a spokesman said that coronaviruses can live up to 5-9 days on currency, based on their past experiences with SARS and MERS, so consider using contactless payment methods until this is over. And based on this, incoming currency from Asis is being quarrantined.

nbp

Flashaholic
The average user has about 80 smart phone usage sessions per day. Your phone is probably almost as dirty as that currency and you literally put it on your face. You. Can't. Escape. Germs.

harro

Enlightened
Wash hands often and don't touch your eyes, mouth or nose.

That's the best advice for a fact. Down here, the media have gone absolutely nuttso over it. General spending has virtually stopped and people are already being temporarily laid off work. Don't ask why, but toilet paper ( aka : poo tickets ) has been bought up by the trolley load. You cannot get it anywhere, for a fact. The herd mentality rearing its ugly head. We have had TWO deaths from it, one of which was a 94yo nursing home resident ( RIP to both of them ). Common flu virus kills or contributes to the death of about 1,600 people here p.a. I believe the annual global flu death total varies between 210,000 and 645,000 people.

On a slightly lighter note, a large food processing factory in my home town, makes among other things, baked beans. In supermarkets and the factory ' door sales ' they have totally sold out of the bloody stuff ( shades of prepping for COVID19 ). I cant help but think how the shortage of baked beans, and toilet paper, will sit together!? Not well methinks. Hand sanitizer products are only available under the counter. Again, comes back to what wweiss has said, WASH HANDS WELL UNDER HOT WATER WITH SOAP, as well as other preventative measures.

Aus EBAY has seen single rolls of toilet paper for as much as AUD$1,000. Boxes of facial tissues and kitchen paper towels have gone the same way also. Hmmm, time to break out the glossy magazines. The media driven hysteria here, has to be seen to be believed and they need to be held accountable for their reporting. Unfortunately that will never happen, as they are a law unto themselves, and I assume a lot of other countries have media that's very similar.

RedLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, D
I agree with harro, two things not to do is get on a cruise ship, just in case, and not attend huge events with people from around the world attending. Other than that just conduct your normal day to day business routines, and you will be fine.

Don't worry about it.

Best,

RL

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
The question of wearing masks has different opinions. Here from Centers for Disease Control And Prevention (when already sick, wear a mask or stay away from others including pets):

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html

And from New Atlas, supposedly a treatment to masks for increased effectiveness:

https://newatlas.com/salt-treated-surgical-masks-viruses/47275/

Seems like historically, humanity (not some individuals) became stronger after exposure to pathogens. Most people infected apparently do not get especially sick. Has anyone mentioned eating healthy foods, remaining positive about life (including kindness toward others), gratitude, and a good looking useful flashlight?

Great Post.....love the last paragraph.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Interesting news from China at "ground zero..."

http://www.orthomolecular.org/resources/omns/v16n17.shtml

Tom

Tom, at the early signs of a cold or flu we mix a powder called Emergen C in an 8oz glass of water. If it does not halt the bug in its tracks, it reduces the symptoms and recovery time greatly. It is inexpensive and tastes yummy in water. I have not been bothered by a cold or flu ever since a coworker told me to try it about 10 years ago.

When the flu began being passed around my family this year I started feeling lousy one day. I took EmergeC in the morning and before bed. Next day symptoms were gone. But like I said, if you don't catch it early enough that stuff definitely helps your body help itself so recovery time is lessoned a lot.

scout24

Flashaholic
My local grocery had buy one get one free on 1000mg vitamin C, bottles of 300 tablets. I stocked up today.

harro

Enlightened
My local grocery had buy one get one free on 1000mg vitamin C, bottles of 300 tablets. I stocked up today.

No doubt it has benefits, but its a no-no for those who suffer gout, being pretty much ascorbic acid. I used to love the orange flavoured Vitamin C tabs, but I have to be very careful how and where I get my Vitamin C from these days. I will get a bad flare up with 100mg of Vit C. For those without gout, go for it.

harro

Enlightened
This photo is going viral in China.
A343038-F-19-CC-4-CEB-A061-65-DAE66-E4-DCF.jpg

Pun intended? You decide

Being a cat lover, that cracked me up. Mrs harro had a laughing fit. :crackup::crackup:

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Harro,

Have you considered trying Sodium Ascorbate powder? It is a buffered form of vitamin C and most people can tolerate that form. The downside is that it is more expensive.

Tom

harro

Enlightened
Hello Harro,

Have you considered trying Sodium Ascorbate powder? It is a buffered form of vitamin C and most people can tolerate that form. The downside is that it is more expensive.

Tom

No I hadn't Tom, but it sounds like it's worth a try. Anything to reduce that fiery stinging pain, and help guard against winter blues and ' the ' virus is worth a try.
Cheers,
Mike.

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seeing this thread popping up in Tapatalk made me write something.
I just received warning that 5 guys from airport fire brigade got Corona. Scarry part is that they are 30ft from my hangar[emoji51][emoji51]

Curious how situation will develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.