Crappy, Crappy People! %&#@&!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Originally posted by KenB:
Boy, that sucks. Do you have your social security card and a water, electric bill? Can you get to a drivers lisence place?

Ken
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If there's any good news, it's that I just found my social security card, buried under a huge mound of sh*t on my end table. So I did take it back out of my wallet right after the last time I used it after all. Between this and an expired ID, I shouldn't get too much guff from the DMV when I go to get my ID replaced. Also just got off the phone with capital 1, and nobody used that card either. I'm guessing whoever took my wallet just dug out the money and threw the rest in the bushes or in a garbage can. My sears card is still on the lamb though, and since I've never used it and therefore have never gotten a bill, I'm having trouble finding my account number so it can be recalled.

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig - don't worry about the account number - just call Sears and tell them what happened. They'll verify your ID and pull up your account number and cancel the card. It's all in their computers.

1-800-819-9000 (corrected - had the wrong number posted for about 30 seconds)

ledfoot

Newly Enlightened
Sorry about your misfortune Craig! Is this what Rob Zombie is referring to on Scum of the Earth?!!Too bad you don't have a HID rigged with a motion sensor. Blinded by the light ring a bell?!! Good luck in getting your new atm card and license.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can't vouch for the rest of the website but this is good advice. Identity theft is one of the fastest growing crimes in the world.

"Immediately call the fraud units of the three credit reporting companies -- Experian (formerly TRW), Equifax and Trans Union. Report the theft of your credit cards or numbers and request a credit report (free to identity theft victims). Ask that your file be flagged with a fraud alert. Add a victim's statement to your report. ("My ID has been used to apply for credit fraudulently. Contact me at [your phone number] to verify all applications.") Fraud alerts are usually placed for 60 or 90 days. You will want to extend the time period to seven years. Do so in writing. You may cancel fraud alerts at any time."

http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs17a.htm

DonL

Enlightened
Craig, sorry to hear that some lick-knobs are so callous on a solemn day. At least we know that at some point, he'll be judged, by somebody, sometime.

Originally posted by Saaby:
Well lets look on the bright side--your new ID will have your new hair style on it
wink.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Saaby, good point. Thanks for bringing a bit of levity to an otherwise downer thread.
icon14.gif

WaltH

Enlightened
Craig,
That SUCKS! Get one of those passport wallets you can wear around your neck. The world is full of opportunistic people who will use any gathering of people as a "feeding" ground. It's not right, but it is..

Silviron,
I agree!

Latest posts